New York's High Court Hears Arguments on MAC Refinancing
- N.Y.C. Hopes to Satisfy an Eager Market With $2.6B MAC Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on New York City's refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Bond market rally; Tax-exempt bond supply.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- Bondholders paid as judge allows trustee to tap debt-service reserve. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p3
Reports that a bankruptcy court judge in Saint Louis, Illinois has ordered the release of funds from a debt-service reserve account to ensure that payment due on bonds issued on behalf of Laclede Steel Co. was made on time. Uncertainty of whether the February 1, 1999 payment would be made; Bank...
- Appeals Court Latest Venue for N.Y.C. MAC Refunding Case. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p3
Reports on the arguments over the constitutionality of a contested plan to refinance New York City's debt. Debt issued by the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Evaluation of the constitutionality of a statute authorizing the city bailout plan; Transfers of a sales taxpayment.
- N.Y. judge Wants MAC Papers Today. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p1
Reports that New York officials have been asked by a state Supreme Court justice to file legal papers in relation to a controversial deal to refinance a portion of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Objective of the judge's order; Criticism of the order by the officials.
- MAC Appeal Pushes Back N.Y.C. Deal. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p1
Reports that a New York state appellate court has granted a request by the state for a preliminary injunction against New York City administration's plan to start refinancing Municipal Assistance Corp. bonds. Response of the state administration to the decision; Information on the panel of...
- N.Y.C. Won't Contest MAC Injunction. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p1
Reports on the agreement of the New York City government not to contest the preliminary injunction New York State has against the refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp. debt. Deliberation of and the legal fight; Consolidation of municipal bonds; Details of the case.
- Depository receipt BBS. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p51
Reports that the Bank of New York has announced a depository receipt electronic bulletin board called Depository Receipt Communication Exchange.
- Would Alexander Hamilton approve? // U.S. Banker;Aug95, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the Bank of New York's furious buying spree of the securities processing operations of other banks. Projection of asset growth to nearly $3 trillion by end-95; Purchase of NationsBank Corp.'s corporate trust unit in early June 1995; Acquisition in late May 1995 of J.P. Morgan & Co.'s...