IRS, Law Firm Reach Deal On Penalties
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- Ohio County Discloses Blind Pool Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p31
Reports on the disclosure by Clinton County, Ohio regarding the examination of a bond issue it sold on behalf of non-profit hospitals, for possible arbitrage violations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Underwriter for the bond issue.
- Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the tax-exempt bond transactions. Examination of the tax returns of participants of the deals; Focus of the agency on abusive bond transactions; Discovery of anomalies in bond transactions.
- IRS in Talks with Macon, Ga., Over the Use of Bond Proceeds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on a multi-million bond issue in Macon, Georgia. Meeting of Mayor spokesman Ron Wildman with officials of the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority to discuss a deal; Factor that prompted the investigation; Allegations...
- IRS checks D.C. health deal for tax code violations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is investigating whether a $300 million refunding bond issue sold by the District of Columbia for Medlantic Helix Parent Inc. complies with the tax code's rules for advance refundings. Bonds' aim to consolidate the debt of two merged...
- IRS Takes Closer Look at Calif. Tribal Deal's Tax-Exempt Status. Saskal, Rick // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p1
Reports that Morongo Band of Mission Indians has joined the ranks of Native American tribes facing an U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) investigation of the tax-exempt status of a bond issue. Details of the bond issue; Grounds for the investigation; Statement of Charles Anderson, field manager...
- Bondholders May Be Included In IRS Probes of 6700 Violations. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p1
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond office to launch an investigation into the actions of bondholders for tax violations. Approval of the investigation by the IRS committee; Total cases investigated by the office; Plans of the IRS about the...
- IRS Settles 6 Loan Pool Transactions. Duff-Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the closure of the investigations of the Internal Revenue Service concerning the credit provider and issuers of telephone book TEFRA tax-exempt bond deals in the U.S. Allegation of violating the tax code's arbitrage restrictions; Payment of undisclosed amount by AIG SunAmerica to...
- Did Questions Spur IRS Probe? Higginbotham, Stacey; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p1
Focuses on an investigation being conducted by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over bond offerings to finance school districts in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Overview on controversies with the bond offerings; Efforts of the IRS in targeting underwriters that are pitching...