Motorola cuts system complexity of mobile devices with dual core design
- Motorola offering DSP with MCU on-board. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News (10616624);3/4/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2106, p48
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s testing of the low-end multi-function digital signal processor (DSP) market with the introduction of a sub-$10, 16-bit core based architecture. Combination of standard signal processing with embedded control features; Proliferation of DSP technology.
- AltiVec: The DSP shot heard around the world. Rhea // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Sep99, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the development and improvement of digital signal processor technology such as Motorola Semiconductor's AltiVec chip. Companies involved in the efforts; Aims of the efforts; Spotlight on Motorola's AltiVec chip; Companies that have committed products to the AltiVec; Systems offered...
- Digital reception, but not digital radio. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the three or four chip Symphony radio by Motorola Inc. Technology used in the radio; Use of electronic chip in the radio; Functions provided by digital signal processing chip used in the radio; Features of the software used in the radio.
- More Compute Power for Infrastructure. Baron, Max // Electronic News (10616624);6/10/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p10
Deals with the demand for computing performance in infrastructure. Advances in cellular connectivity; Efforts to support computer performance; Usage of digital signal processing.
- Reconfigurable, Extendible DSP Cores Target Wireless Handsets, Speech Processing. Bindra, Ashok // Electronic Design;4/29/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p33
Focuses on Adelante Technologies NV's Galaxic digital signal processing (DSP) technology. Applications of the DSP technology; DSP subsystem architecture; Application-specific coprocessors.
- DSP-architecture directory. Levy, Markus // EDN;03/30/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p60
Presents a directory of companies that offer computer digital signal processing (DSP) architecture products and services. Includes Analog Devices; Billions of Operations Per Second; LSI Logic; Lucent Technologies; Zilog; Motorola Inc.
- Blended DSP architectures resist categorization. Putscher, Joyce // Electronic News (10616624);09/22/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2186, p10
Highlights developments toward blended or hybrid computer architectures. Siemens Semiconductor's TriCore 32-bit load-store Harvard architecture; Hitachi's SH-digital signal processing (DSP); SGS-Thomson's 16-bit microprocessor unit with integrated MAC; VLSI Technology's dual-core V-ECTor...
- Balancing DSP Architecture to Increase Performance for Real-Time Signal Processing. McGuire, Gerald // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov98, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p97
Focuses on balancing digital signal processing (DSP) architecture to increase the performance for real-time signal processing. Signal processing performance achieved by a DSP system; Organization of the memory system; DSP architectures for 1998 and beyond.
- Flash-Based, 16-bit DSPs Target Motor-Control Systems. Bindra, Ashok // Electronic Design;06/12/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p49
No abstract available.