Platte Canyon Assesses 4,300 Homes with RedZone
- FireAdmin.com offers fire apparatus maintenance scheduling (with related video). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/26/2013, p4
The article reviews FireAmin.com, a Web-based software that allows fire departments transition from a paper-driven management system to a paperless technology driven solution.
- The wildland interface: Impact on local fire departments. Dittmar, Mary Jane // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p65
Focuses on the impact of wildland interface fires on local fire departments in the United States. Changes in wildland firefighting culture; Safety areas respondents say are in need of improvement; Safer interface response for municipal fire departments; Prevention of wildland fires. INSETS:...
- Half Dome Hikers Evacuated Via Helicopter Due To Wildfire In Yosemite National Park. // National Parks Traveler;9/8/2014, p5
The article reports on a wildlife fire occurred at the Yosemite National Park in California. Topics discussed include the evacuation of more than 100 climbers and hikers from the area due to the incident, the help of the East Meadow Fire Department from New York to transport hikers through...
- Knowledge in the bank. DeGrosky, Michael // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p54
Explores the establishment of the Interagency Lessons Learned Center for Wildland Fire in the U.S. Goals and objectives; Responsibilities of the information collection teams; State and municipal fire departments cooperation in wildland fire management.
- STUDY SUPPORTS COOPERATIVE FIRE PROTECTION IN THE WEST. Weatherford, Brian F. // Fire Management Today;Winter2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the cooperation of various wildland fire protection agencies in preventing wildland fires in the U.S. Mobilization of large numbers of fire engines for structure protection; Increase of Federal disaster reimbursements; Urban types of development in wildland fuels. INSETS: TYPES OF...
- Fire departments control 2-acre fire in Church Rock. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;7/3/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 27, pA-10
The article discusses the controlling of a two-acre brush fire at Church Rock, New Mexico area by volunteer fire departments including the White Cliffs, Whispering Cedars and Gallup Fire Department.
- SBM Springs into Action During Ham Lake Fire. Ryder, Shannon // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p21
The article describes the response of the Springs Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View (SBM) Fire Department to wildfires that occurred on the northwest side of Ham Lake and spread to the northwest and overtakes the Sea Gull Lake area and entering the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) in...
- In harm's way. Elliott, Timothy // American City & County;May2001, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p38
Recounts how the Los Alamos County Fire Department managed the wildfire in New Mexico which occurred in 2000. Start of the fire; Damage caused by the fire; Concerns of the firefighters. INSET: Lessons learned from Los Alamos.
- A new tool for firefighting. Vourvoulias, Bill; Rambler, Mark // Newsweek;4/27/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p12
Mentions computer software which links laptop computers with structural information and floor plans to provide firefighters with more information before they even reach the scene of a fire. Features of Cerulean's PacketCluster Rescue system.