COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
- Thank you to our emergency personnel. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/23/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p2A
The article reports that fireman and paramedics including Crystal Lee, Jessi Cabrera, and Johann Haire in Kyle, Texas Stations received a basket of goodies from Chapa Middle School National Junior Honor Society in appreciation of their dedication to the community.
- Daley yells `change' in a crowded fire house. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;10/25/99, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p1
Reports on Illinois-based Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley's proposal to cross train Chicago Fire Department's firemen as emergency medical technicians (EMT). Background on the labor negotiations between the city government and the labor union representing the firemen; Firemen's reluctance to...
- To The Rescue: Saving Victims of Terrorist Attacks. // Poptronics;Apr2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Reports on Sandia National Laboratories scientists' development of BioSimMER, a virtual reality training tool for emergency medical technicians and firefighters. Features and capabilities of BioSimMER; Suspension disbelief; Result of the first field test of the equipment.
- THAT'S A LOT OF PPE. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1A
Provides statistics on the number of firefighters and police personnel in the United States as of may 2003. Number of volunteer firefighters; Number of full-time workers employed at local police departments; Number of nationally-registered emergency medical technicians.
- Multilayered Approach: Using GIS to Support Transportation Research. // UMTRI Research Review;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the use of global positioning system (GPS) devices to locate vehicles. It notes that the GPS coordinates enables drivers navigate unfamiliar routes and join data from multiple sources to create a detailed picture of the context surrounding a vehicle at any given moment....
- NEW & NOTABLE. // Point of Beginning;Sep2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p57
The article offers brief information on products including ProCyon system for geographic information systems (GIS) applications from the company Altus Positioning Systems, X900+ GNSS receiver from the company CHC, and cloud based imaging system Pictometry Connect from the company Pictometry.
- GNSS Handhelds Support GIS Applications. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p9
The article offers information on the Juno 3B and 3D handheld global navigation satellite system (GNSS) devices for geographic information systems (GIS) field applications from Trimble, one feature of which is an improved sunlight-optimized screen.
- On the Shoulders of a Giant. Branting, Steven // Connect Magazine;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses several methods in computing distances between waypoints of a triangle. The author discussed the best application of trilateration, which is the global positioning system (GPS). He also provided instructions on how to use GPS in measuring waypoints of a triangle, especially...
- The Quality Assurance Process. Smith, Michael D. // Fire Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p26
The article offers tips on how a new firefighter/emergency medical technician (EMT) with limited emergency medical service (EMS) experience can review the quality assurance (QA) process in the U.S. It says that several different methods can be used to document patient contacts including dictated...