FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Where Are the Tools? // Click;Jan2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information several fire fighting tools including a wire cutter, an ax, and a flashlight.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p186
Features several fire extinction equipment and supplies. Fire truck; Leather footwear; Portable liquid supply line; Nozzles; Smoke ejector; Battery protector; Horizontal high-pressure breathing air compressor/purification systems; Flashlight.
- FIRST-ALARM CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE INITIAL IC. Thompson, Scott; Grant, Stuart // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p91
Discusses basic first-alarm considerations as tools for the initial incident commander operating in the early stages of a structure fire. Implementation of a risk management plan at all incidents; Development of a game plan prior to the event; Accessibility of toolbox; Practice of building a...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p143
Features fire prevention equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. American LaFrance's Liberty Series pumpers, tankers, rescue pumpers and brush trucks; Smoke alarms from Kidde Wireless System; R-O-M Corp.'s horizontal shutter; ZT Nozzle Grip from Akron Brass;...
- The Best Offense. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p86
Features various firefighting equipment and apparatus in the United States. Breathing apparatus; Personal alarms; Firefighter-locating system. INSET: The Future of PASS?.
- Red Lights and Sirens: Marketing Tools. Wallace, Mark // Fire Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p167
The article presents the views of the author regarding the use of red lights and sirens by fire fighters and other emergency personnel in response to calls. It is suggested that while the use of sirens and other tools do not statistically show an increase in response time, the psychological...
- A Model for Predicting Average Fire Engine Travel Times. Kolesar, Peter // Operations Research;Jul/Aug75, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p603
We propose, motivate, and test a model for predicting ET, the expected fire engine travel time in a region, given the region's area, A; the number of fire engines stationed there, n; the alarm rate, Î»; and the expected total service time per alarm, ES. The model is ET = Î± + Î²[A/(n -...
- Fire Protection & Design. // PM Engineer;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p31
This section evaluates several products, including Uponor's ProPEX Lead-Free Brass Fire Sprinkler Adapter, Hilti CP 680-P/M Cast-In Place devices, and Fire-Lite Alarms by Honeywell's MS-25.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p10
Features several firefighting tools and equipment. Nozzle; Headlamp; Hand pump; Helmet-mounted imager; Emergency access control; Foam; Flashlight; Portable water tank.