- Execution. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the use of simulations to determine if individual hands-on and classroom instruction can be accomplished with existing staffing and equipment. It suggests to allow the crews to use other apparatus to make sure that there are not inadequate equipment or equipment problems to...
- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p5
Presents several firefighting protective clothing and equipment. Eagle HTC line of high-temperature carbon-blend hoods; Modular Liner System; Salamnader Technologies Inc.'s Fire-Trax CE; Quest Technologies' AQ5000Pro handheld indoor air quality monitor; Fol-da-tank's tarpaulins.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p116
The article features three chassis for fire departments including KME pumper from the Randolph Fire Department, DANKO tanker from the North Clay Fire Protection District and E-ONE platform from the Glendale Fire Department.
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p3
Presents computer and communication products for the firefighting industry. ACU-T interoperaility system for tactical applications; VR778 Linux-based digital voice logging and archiving system; Legacy speaker microphone; Commander Series wearable and portable communications systems.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p121
The article offers information on several firefighting equipment including 1st Attack Engineering off-road fire-rescue truck, E-ONE pumper and Pierce rescue pumper.
- NEW HEIGHTS. Pauli, Kent // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p76
Discusses trends that focus on ways to improve firefighting performance, save time and enhance firefighter safety. Firefighting capabilities and performance of aerial ladders and platforms; Preconnects and preplumbed hose boxes; Monitors that can handle the higher flow rates.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p120
The article focuses on several fire fighting equipment. A training mask provides a realistic simulation of three smoke-filled environments. A 14-watt HID Power Light produces more than 800 lumens of true white light in a compact beam. Safesite is designed to monitor, detect and communicate the...
- TRADE NAMES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p169
An alphabetical list of fire fighting equipment trade names is presented, including ADAM (Apparatus Deployment Analysis Module) analysis software, Ambulance Commander produced by Digitech Computer Inc., and American Breathing Air complete stationary and mobile SCBA charging system, manufactured...
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p4
Presents several firefighting equipment. HazMaster-G3 identification software by Pocket Mobility Inc.; VX500 photo-ionization detector by Industrial Scientific Corp.; Haz/Mat DQE Inc.'s Decon-in-a-Bag kit; HazGuide, an integrated database of hazardous materials; Airspace International's natural...