Latin Finds East Coast Niche
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p126
Presents recipes of Mexican foods offered at food facilities in public schools and universities in the United States. Includes El Paso Independent School's Mexican Rice; Volusia County Schools' Cafe Enchiladas; Yuma Regional Medical Center's Chicken Tortilla Soup; El Paso Independent School's...
- Cafeteria Composting. Jacobsen, Bradley // Waste Age;Apr2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p93
Details findings of a study, conducted by DSM Environmental Services Inc. and sponsored by the American Forest & Paper Association, on the characteristics and compostability of food service organics at the Dartmouth College in Dartmouth, New Hampshire. Rate of degradation of laminated paper...
- AT DARTMOUTH UNIV.: Kosher/Muslim unit planned. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Unveils the plan of Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire to open a kosher/Muslim facility to cater to the Jewish and Muslim students on campus. Details on the planned facility; Total cost of the project.
- Dartmouth Opens Inter-Religious Dining Facility. // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p22
Describes the campus dining hall, The Pavilion, at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire established jointly by Muslim and Jewish students. Menu being offered in the dining hall; History of the food service; Example of food preparation.
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the food service available at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Now, more than ever, variety in food service is not simply about adding a couple of Americanized ethnic dishes to the cycle menu of entrees served in a cafeteria's steam wells. Variety branches...
- Picnicking For The Environment. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on a waste-free picnic held at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. Dining services switched to ceramic or melamine plates from paper, used plastic tumblers for drinks served condiments out of re-usable squeeze bottles, and offered bleach-free and compostable napkins....
- back of the house. // Food Management;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p38
The article offers information on topics related to food industry. It reviews the book "Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs," by Catharine Powers. It cites a recipe for almond provided by Chef Kevin Isacson. Moreover, it highlights the food service event conducted by the Dartmouth College Dining...
- A 'melting pot' of taste. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p114
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Southwestern foods in college food service facilities in the United States. Demand for chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tamales and enchiladas; Popularity of posole, salsa and Cajun food; Serving of Southwestern foods in catering events; Characteristics of...