Latino in limelight
- Latin American. // Louisville Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p101
The article presents information on Latin American restaurants located in Louisville, Kentucky. The Caribbean-themed chain restaurant Bhama Breeze offers pasta, seafood and delicious Bahamarita. The Havana Rumba restaurant specializes in beef ropa vieja, masas de puerco and polio asado. The...
- The 'Other' West Coast. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
In this article, the author explores the growing popularity of Latin American cuisine in the U.S. The author highlights the introduction of Latin American menus by restaurants across the country. She mentions the ingredients of foods served by the restaurants. The author observes that...
- La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio, Dallas. Rugless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;8/30/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p36
Features the La Duni Latin Kitchen & Baking Studio in Dallas, Texas. Availability of Latin American cuisines; Description of interior decoration; Range and rates of menu.
- 2003 50 Best Hispanic Restaurants. Diaz, Katharine A. // Hispanic;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Presents the 2003 50 Best Hispanic restaurants in the U.S. Sylvia's La Canasta Mexican Restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona; Mamita in Glendale, California; Cuba Cuba in Denver, Colorado.
- A Major Steak. // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p152
The article focuses on Texas de Brazil, a chain of Brazilian steakhouses in the U.S. The churrascaria concept of Texas de Brazil was brought to the U.S. to offer authentic Brazilian dining experience. Now, the chain has several locations across the U.S. Its menu offers grilled meats prepared in...
- THE MEXICAN WAY. Earls, Elly // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/22/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4733, p26
The article reports on the growing market for Mexican dinning in Great Britain. According to Jan Rasmussen, co-founder of Mission Burrito, Mexican offering is safe and exotic that appeals to cosmopolitan consumer. It is noted that compared with its casual-dining competitors, Mexican cuisine is...
- mexico's treasure. Plunket, Robert // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p187
Provides insights on the Mexican food. Characteristics of Mexican cuisine; Suggestions to enjoy Mexican cuisine; Recommended restaurants.
- The next mex. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;03/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on the Latin American cuisine restaurant market in the United States as of March 1, 2000. Restaurants' upgrading of their menu offerings; Introduction of less-popular cuisines; Menu samples from some restaurants. INSETS: Menu sampler.;Striped bass a la Veracruzana..
- Operators discovering `New World' Latin trend. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p3
Reports that a growing number of restaurants featuring `New World' or modern Latin menus are debuting in the United States as of January 1999. List of the restaurants; Early proponents of the movement; Pioneers of the New World concepts.