Peanut butter substitute forthcoming
- There's A Silver Lining in Frozen Orange Juice. Merli, Richard // Frozen Food Age;Jul99, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the sales decline of frozen concentrated orange juice (FCOJ) in the United States. Reasons for the decline; How the sales can be increased; Examples of success of manufacturers with cross-merchandising.
- OJ Juiced. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p22
This article focuses on the frozen concentrated orange juice industry in Florida. The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that Hurricane Wilma has destroyed 24 to 25 million boxes of oranges in Florida. The frozen orange juice concentrate contract in January 2005 has risen from about $1 per...
- A Good First Step, But What's Next? Stoessel, Eric // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on issues related to school foodservice programs in the U.S. He mentions the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act as well as the move of the School Nutrition Association to urge the Congress to include language in the Fiscal Year 2015 Appropriations Bill to offer more flexibility...
- Cold Proposition. // Time;10/16/1950, Vol. 56 Issue 16, p88
The article discusses the challenges faced and the successes attained by the frozen food industry in the U.S. from the 1930s to 1950. After World War II, the industry was invaded by operators who offered badly packed products and caused the decrease in consumer sales by 20 per cent. According to...
- The Frozen Food Age in China Opens With Orange Juice. Merli, Richard // Frozen Food Age;Jul99, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p22
Offers information on the marketing strategies of Henry Clements Jr., president and chief executive officer of Clements Citrus Sales of Stuart, Florida. Background information on Clements; Details on how Clements was able to close the deal to market fresh citrus and frozen concentrated orange...
- TROPICANA GEARS UP FOR AN NFC EUROPE. Behar, Hank // Beverage World;9/15/2003, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p39
Features Tropicana Europe, a maker of not-from-concentrate orange juice. Details on the processing plant opened by the company in Zeebrugge, Belgium; Reason for choosing the Zeebrugge as the plant site; Greatest challenge in producing a food product like orange juice.
- Summer Food Service Sites and Avg. Daily Participation, 2001-2013. // Food Management;Sep2014, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p12
The article informs that the Summer Food Service Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture offers nutritious meals and snacks to children in low-income areas in the U.S. during summer season along with a statistics depicting the meals and snacks served to children from 2001 to 2013.
- Sunflower may be among top earners this year. SANDBAKKEN, JOHN // Dakota Farmer;Jan2016, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p28
The article forecasts oil-type sunflower seed to be among the top earners in 2016 as compared to corn and soybean, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p66
Presents news briefs relating to food service in the United States (U.S.) as of August 2001. Launching of the frozen beef purchasing program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); Selection of Elsa Murano as USDA undersecretary for food safety; Information on the FY 2002 Agriculture...