On the Take
- Homeward Bound. // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p39
Reveals that hospital foodservice operators in the U.S. give an indication that the nature of their clientele creates varying opportunities for take-home business as an adjunct of their take-out enterprise. Comments from Lawanda Spotts of York Hospital; Statement from Edward Midgley of Clara...
- Background checks. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p21
Presents the views of several professionals in the U.S. food service industry about the importance of conducting background checks on potential employees. Paul Stephens, a food service director at Texas College in Tyler; Gary Dodds, a food and nutrition supervisor at Washington County Public...
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Fickenscher, Lisa; Flamm, Matthew; Marshall, Samantha; Strauss, Alix // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the Time Warner Center restaurant located in New York City will begin serving midday diners after a brief break. General Manager Richard Hollocou said that they are not getting enough parties of 25 people or more. The new lunch offering, a fix price menu for $38 per...
- THE 2ND HALF: Menu mgmt. will grow as operating tool. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p44
Offers an outlook on the state of food service and menu satisfaction in the U.S. in the second half of 2002. Areas of concern facing the food service operations in next six months of 2002; Menu management issues faced by operators; Several school districts that will be adopting branded food...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p53
Reports developments in food service in the U.S. as of June 2002. Detection of umami, the meaty taste associated with monosodium glutamate; Addition to the Hawaiian menu of McDonald's; Schedule of a weekend conference focusing on sustainable food production.
- Corp. chefs stir obesity debate, say customers want high-fat food. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the impact of the growing number of obesity-based lawsuits on the food service industry in the U.S. Prevalence of restaurants shifting to low-calorie menu offerings; Response of some chefs to the health liability imposed upon them; Evidence to the increasing diet-conscious eaters.
- DINING IN. // Ski;Feb2009, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p40
The article offers information on the menu of Peak Provisions in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which provides cooked food on order.
- John Zaccheo: eyes on the repeat customer. Olsen, Jaclyn // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/26/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the restaurant business of engineer John Zaccheo in Salt Lake City, Utah. Menus offered; Food service; Success of the business of Zaccheo.
- Contemporary American eatery to open on 3300 South. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/23/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the opening of the cuisine restaurant Citris Grille in Salt Lake City, Utah on February 27, 2004. Effort taken by owner Steve Boos and his fiancee, Amanda Blank for the menu and service development; Menus to be offered by the restaurant; Schedule of offering brunch for customers.