WITH 43 MICHIGAN ACCOUNTS: Kosch readies for upturn
- NEW CONTRACT SCOREBOARD. // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Lists companies contracted to provide food service to schools, hospitals, companies and other facilities in the U.S. ARAMARK; Compass Group; Kosch Foodservice Group; Sodexho; HDS Services.
- THE 2006 FM TOP 50 MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p54
The article presents a list of top 50 management companies presented in the "Food and Management" journal in the U.S. to establish the major national and regional players in the contract foodservice sector. First in the rank is Compass Group Americas Division for its top-line revenues for the...
- Industry experts gather for Elliot Hospitality Conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/28/99, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p170
Reports on the gathering of foodservice executives at the Windows on the World Restaurant in New York City for the 1999 Hospitality Conference sponsored by Elliot Associates. Participation of hospitality educator Donald I. Smith; Keynote speakers.
- Letter from the publisher. Gould, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;1/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p5
Presents an overview of articles in the January 2004 issue of "Nation's Restaurant News." Recognition given to general managers from the food service industry; Talents of the managers; Appreciation for the editorial staff.
- Hiring quality staff No. 1 challenge, ops experts say. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/10/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 49, p82
The article presents the highlights of foodservice executives' roundtable discussion on restaurant operations, sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive Co. and moderated by Jim Sullivan, a "Nation's Restaurant News" columnist. Several issues discussed include the three biggest challenges that foodservice...
- The lost art of guest finesse in the dining room. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;3/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p16
The article presents a comprehensive survey of best practices from high-performing managers at full-service restaurants across the U.S. A manager's priorities when leading a shift are safety and sanitation. A primary responsibility of effective managers is to make sure that the little things are...
- Convicted felon turned high-end chef addresses MFHA attendees. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p14
The article reports on the statement of Gerry Fernandez, founder of the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance on the business performance of the restaurant industry in the U.S. According to him, the food sector's effort to improve diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the business...
- get a life. Cooper, Cathy // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/21/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4287, p52
Deals with the growth of the catering business in Great Britain in 2002. Rise in the number of employees in the industry in 2002; Reasons for the growth of the business; Opportunities created by the catering business; Comparison of salaries of managers in contract catering with the restaurant...
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/10/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4327, p12
Presents the average salary given to executives of themed, branded and non-branded restaurants and fast food chains in Great Britain as of June 2004. Unit manager; Area manager; Human resource officer.