OBESITY & FOODSERVICE: Foodservice fights back against nutrition critics
- ONE FAT TARGET. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;3/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the increased scrutiny facing TV networks and advertisers for their role in the obesity problem in children. Worth of TV marketing expenditures aimed at kids in 2003; Comments from Dan Jaffe, executive vice president of the Association of National Advertisers; Extent of the obesity...
- Does Syndie Kill Net Hits? McClellan, Steven // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the decline in ratings of the TV program "ER" of Warner Bros. after it went into syndication. Percentage decrease in the viewership of the program; Ratings of "Friends" after Warner Bros. took it to syndication; Factors that contributed to the decrease of network ratings.
- Childhood obesity bill draws foodservice industry support. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the support given by the food service industry to legislation aimed at addressing concerns over childhood obesity in the U.S. Proponents of the bill; Provisions of the bill; Information on the increasing number of overweight school-age children in the country.
- The Healthy Palate. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p78
The article reviews the DVD "The Healthy Palate" from the Culinary Institute of America.
- Junior League of Palo Alto.Mid Peninsula Announces Second Annual Childhood Obesity and Nutrition Education Initiative; More Than 200 Leagues Unite to Educate Children on Importance of Eating Well and Staying Healthy as Part of Junior Leagues' Kids in... // Ascribe Newswire: Health;2/27/2007, p4
The article focuses on the second annual education initiative on childhood obesity and nutrition, which will be sponsored by the Junior League of Palo Alto.MidPeninsula (JLPA.MP) on March 31, 2007. The JLPA.MP has announced that it will participate with more than 200 Leagues from the Association...
- Junior League puts kids in the kitchen. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that the Junior League of Orange County is going to direct two projects under the multinational program Kids In The Kitchen of the Association of Junior Leagues International in March 2007 in Orange County, New York. The purpose of the program is to educate children about the...
- SA says no more 'muck off a truck' for schoolchildren. Andersen, Paul; Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;10/10/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p14
Reports that the Soil Association is calling for radical changes in the provision of food to schoolchildren. Finding of a report on the food given to children at primary schools; Reform program taken by Scotland in response to diet-related illness and obesity in children; Targets for school...
- Feeding the need for better nutrition. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p19
Looks on the pressures placed on school food service directors to provide school children with more healthful meals and more comprehensive nutritional education in the United States. Role of schools in contributing to childhood obesity; Food management companies' strategies to educate students...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p8
Presents news briefs on the food service industry as of November 2004. Introduction of a campaign by the National Automatic Merchandising Association designed to fight childhood obesity; Worldwide alliance formed by several healthcare foodservice associations; Creation of the Web-based National...