- St. Louis Schools Choose Chartwells/Thompson. // Food Management;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the termination of a foodservice contract between Saint Louis Public Schools and Aramark in Missouri. Saint Louis Public Schools has turned management of the district's food and nutrition program over to Chartwells School Services and Thompson Hospitality Services. It is...
- Slush Rush. // Food Management;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the launch of healthful slush machines by Raymond Area School, which offers an alter native to the fruit portion requirements for school meals in the U.S. Efficiency in boosting lunch participation of students in cafeterias; Impact of the move on food service operation and revenue;...
- Campus Dining: Students give new facilities better grades. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p60
Focuses on the refurbishment in the campus dining facilities handled by Aramark Corp. in the U.S. Deployment of technology in food service; Response of students to the enhanced services; Estimated number of campus dining accounts managed by Aramark.
- For Grades K-8: Fla. School Supper Program Boosts Meal Counts by 1,500. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Announces the launching of an after-school supper program by the Duval County Schools in Jacksonville, Florida, in partnership with contractor ARAMARK. When the program started; Design of the program; Foods served to students.
- Grabbing Hold of Health. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the increase in the number of foodservice operators in the U.S. that implement vending programs. Importance of nutrition education according to Snack Essentials CEO Alvaro Garza; Outcome of the installation of milk vending machines at Lorain City Schools in Ohio; Partnership between...
- Nutritious Outsourcing. McClure, Ann // District Administration;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p78
The article addresses the decision of Duval County Public Schools to outsource its food services, in its quest to provide high quality, nutritious meals to students without raising lunch prices. The school district teamed with food service provider Aramark for centralized meal production. Before...
- New California law to affect school foodservice-contract business. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the planned implementation of a law regarding the outsourcing of foodservice in schools in California. Effort of protecting the rights of support staffs; Influence of the action taken by California School Employees Union; Speculation on the effects of the law on the foodservice industry.
- Partnership Places New Items on School Lunch Menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that a new partnership between the Art Institute of Washington and Falls Church City Public Schools In Falls Church, Virginia, has allowed students from both institutions to place new items on the menu. Once every quarter, the students at George Mason High School will sample...
- Schools in a Pickle. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p35
Discusses the challenges faced by U.S. school food service administrators regarding nutrition policies and retail sales. Profits of the Clark County School District in Las Vegas, Nevada after the implementation of a nutrition policy; Effect of the junk food ban in schools on the sales of...