BARRIERS TO OBESITY PREVENTION
- FOOD PSYCHOLOGY 101: Cafeteria Categories. Wills, Steven R. // Odyssey;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on nutritional tips that can be picked up by students in the school cafeteria.
- states focus on health issues to minimize future healthcare costs. Plaza, Carla I. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2005, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. government to minimize health costs. Implementation of legislation to promote improved health among school-age children; Prevention of obesity among children by setting nutritional standards for food and beverage items sold during school meals; Increase in...
- D+. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
The article presents a statistic on the evaluation of school foods in the U.S.
- California Raisins supports Healthy Meals in School. // Vending International;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p11
The article informs that the company California Raisins have been at the forefront of supporting a healthy diet, combined with exercise, for Great Britain's school children since 2003. California Raisins were the sole supporters of the "Creating a World Class School Meals Service" conference...
- E. BATON ROUGE: Louisiana schools `structure' kitchens. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the restructuring of East Baton Rouge Parish School's foodservice in 1999. Structure of the school's kitchen; Problem with regards to keeping good foodservice employees; Food preferences of the students; Other changes made in the the school's food service.
- Junk-Food Marketing Goes Elementary. Levine, Jane // Education Digest;Jan2000, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p32
Discusses how the school environment influences the eating behavior of children. Information on a study of elementary-school food industry marketing; Types of food served in schools; Details on food product advertisements.
- In Fla. School Dist.: `Home-Made' Concepts Double Participation. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p52
Reports the increase in the rate of lunch participation in Charlotte County Schools, Punta Gorda, Florida. Details on the foodservice concept and marketing programs at the school; Total student population; Growth of lunch service under foodservice director Carol Kehrer's direction; Food items...
- Industry Census. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p62
Looks at the results of the 1998 `Food Service Director' magazine's annual School Meal Participation Ranking in the United States (US) and details the compliance of schools to the US Department of Agriculture's calorie goals. Overall participation in high schools; Programs implemented in 1998;...
- ...while new research shows NSLP meals score better... // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p24
Reveals the results of a study which compared meals served in school cafeterias and meals brought from home by school children in the United States. Nutrient content of the meals; Implication of the results; How parents decide on what foods to pack for their children.