PILOT TO TAKE OFF: Flik labeling grab-n-go
- AT VARIOUS FLIK ACCOUNTS: Live cooking demos tout healthy diet to B&I diners. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on a series of live cooking demonstrations launched by Deanne Brandstetter of FLIK International in B&I units. Aim of the cooking demonstrations; Activities included in the program; Take-home literature provided by Brandstetter.
- Booting Up for Nutrition. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p56
This article discusses the need for an in depth staff training in addressing the intense focus on nutrition in the food service industry. Online education methods can effectively cut through such barriers. Margie Saidel, director of nutrition, K-12, for Chartwells, worked with Deanne...
- Healthy Vending. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p52
The article focuses on the health perception of food vending machines. According to Deanne Brandstetter, director of nutrition for Compass Group North America, the perception in vending was that none of it was healthy. She added that even things that were healthy fell under the stigma of being...
- Flik revamps the open-faced sandwich. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Reports on Flik International's promotion of the open-faced sandwich behind the leadership of Chief Executive Officer and Chairman Rudiger Flik. Variations in the open-faced concept; Sample recipes.
- 'Good foods taste good'. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the participation of Flik International's chef and managers in FLIK-K.I.C. Update: Nutrition for the New Millennium seminar at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
- Compass sets nutrition vision. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Interviews Deanne Brandsetter, director of nutrition at Compass Group, regarding the nutrition-focused educational program she created. Sectors and brands of Compass that is tasked to Brandstetter to create a global nutrition and wellness program; Basis for recommending a company-wide nutrition...
- What's lurking in your lunch? Gramling, Alex // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p34
Presents the authors suggestion in eating deli sandwiches and salad for a light lunch to avoid too much calories. Nutritional facts of tuna salad sandwich; Deli sandwiches and salads as some of the worst offenders undermining a healthful diet; Effects of eating too much; Guidelines used to make...
- ABN Amro to Create Integrated U.S. Unit. // American Banker;1/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p20
Reports that in January 2001, ABN Amro Inc., a division of Dutch banking giant ABN Amro Bank N.V., announced the creation of an integrated securities Clearing and execution operation to be based in the United States.
- Salad by transformation. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p90
Reports on the salad offerings in some corporations in the United States. Chilled rice bowl salad concept offered by HDS Services; Bowl-In-One concept offered by FLIK, International at a New York-based law firm; Entree salad program offered by Metz & Associates at Gateway Center in downtown...