FIRST-EVER STUDY ON DAY PARTS: HFM: CAFE BIZ CAN GROW
- Specifier Special: Vending in Hospitals. Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the initiative for hospital food provisions such as vending in Great Britain. According to the Hospital Catering Association, due to the Hospital Food Programme fundamental changes to aspects of patient care, in terms of catering and vending, have emerged. Hospitals have...
- EVENTS CATERER. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4366, p14
Presents information on events in the food service industry of Great Britain in March and April 2005. Exeter Festival of South West England Food and Drink; Chester Festival of Food and Drink; Brands in Foodservice Conference; Hospital Caterers Association Conference 2005.
- For Hot and Cold Machines: Growth in branded entrees. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p136
Reveals the popularity of branded entrees in vending machines in the United States. Reason behind the popularity; Description on the vending machine at Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center in Chicago, Illinois; Comments from satisfied customers; Efforts of the food service industry to...
- in brief. // Food Management;Jan2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p22
The article offers news briefs related to food service management in the U.S. The Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) has partnered with Mt. Laurel, New Jersey-based Association Headquarters. Restaurant Associates Corp. began operating its foodservice at the House of Representatives on...
- IN CALIFORNIA'S FOOTHILL: Hospital customers respond to brands. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the sale of branded products at the cafeteria in Foothill Presbyterian Hospital in Glendora, California, as of September 2002. Background on the food products offered by the cafeteria; Information on the sales strategy of the cafeteria.
- Growing number of hospitals planning food facility facelifts, HFM study says. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p16
The article presents a finding of the study conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) on the growing numbers of hospitals upgrading foodservice operations in the U.S. The study examines more than 270 HFM-affiliated healthcare food, nutrition professionals,...
- Fresh Approaches to Food Service. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2006, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p28
The article reports on the new approach of food service employed by different hospitals in the U.S. Good Shepherd Medical Center serves healthy menu and dietitians do not have to modify meals for patients with heart disease, diabetes, or sodium restrictions. Farmer's markets are popular to some...
- Improve competency with the AVA Engineers Training Programme. // Vending International;Sep2015, p10
The article explains how Automatic Vending Association (AVA) has collaborated with Ascot College of Electrical Studies to launch a training program to improve the level of electrical competence of its members.
- Brands link-up to push sales, traffic. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p170
Comments on the introduction of branded foods into health care facilities in the United States, as a means of boosting sales. Reference to some facilities which adopted the strategy; Factors which attribute to the profits attained by facilities; Impact of the use of the branded products on the...