- Suppliers put their brands on marquees. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p1
Reports on an increase in the number of cafes and kiosks in the United States bearing suppliers' logos on their marquees. Brands' power to attract customers; Food product companies that have out their brands on ready-to-eat outlets; Marketing experts' warning about the conversion of packaged...
- Free holiday meals sent to thousands in Brooklyn. // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/94, Vol. 85 Issue 53, p9
Reports on the presentation of free holiday dinners to three organizations for distribution to needy families in Brooklyn, New York City by the Local 372 of the New York City Board of Education Employees. Names of the organizations; Membership of Local 372; Participation of Brooklyn Borough...
- Serving Aces. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the dining operations provided by Restaurant Associates for the 2004 U.S. Tennis Open at the U.S. Tennis Association National Tennis Center in the U.S. List of concession areas in The Food Village; Dishes offered from The New Deli Spice station; Background on the restaurants...
- IN WAKE OF BID-RIGGING SCHEME: NYC schools look to revamp foodservice bids. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan of the New York City Board of Education to monitor foodservice distributors and revamp its bid process. Allegations of the United States Department of Justice against the board; Risk factors that must be considered by school districts offering large contracts; Role of the...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p26
Reports developments related to food service in the U.S. Announcement on the debut of a version of the online MyPyramid food guide by the U.S. Department of Agriculture; Release of a documentary called "Portion Size Me" which demonstrates healthful options found in fast food restaurants.
- ENCOURAGING VEGETARIAN FOODS AT CONCESSION STANDS. McCloy, Johanna // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p10
Discusses ways to encourage vegetarian foods at concession stands. Divisions of the food business and their characteristics; Food service logistics; Tips on offering solutions to concessionaires for improving vegetarian food availability.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p66
Presents news briefs relating to food service in the United States (U.S.) as of August 2001. Launching of the frozen beef purchasing program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); Selection of Elsa Murano as USDA undersecretary for food safety; Information on the FY 2002 Agriculture...
- But...fewer sites: Summer food program up 2%. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p116
Discusses US Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Program in 1996. Decrease in foodservice sites offering summer feeding; Approximate number of children participated in the program; Food Research and Action Center's advice to sponsors in attracting students.
- Innovating at AMC. Watts, Anita // Film Journal International;Jun2014, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p40
The article profiles George Patterson, senior vice president (VP) of food and beverages at AMC Entertainment Inc. Topics include Patterson's prior work for quick service restaurant (QSR) franchises, such as Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), YUM Brands, and Wendy's, food service innovations in...