Guidelines on the use of oesophageal dilatation in clinical practice
- Gender Differences in the Association Between Morbidity and Mortality Among Middle-Aged Men and Women. Singh-Manoux, Archana; Guéguen, Alice; Ferrie, Jane; Shipley, Martin; Martikainen, Pekka; Bonenfant, Sébastien; Goldberg, Marcel; Marmot, Michael // American Journal of Public Health;Dec2008, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p2251
Objectives. We examined gender differences in mortality, morbidity, and the association between the 2. Methods. We used health data from 2 studies of middle-aged men and women: the British Whitehall II cohort of employees from 20 civil service departments in London and the 1989 French GAZEL...
- Esophageal cancer incidence and mortality in China, 2009. Wanqing Chen; Yutong He; Rongshou Zheng; Siwei Zhang; Hongmei Zeng; Xiaonong Zou; Jie He // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Feb2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
Objective: Esophageal cancer incident cases and deaths in 2009 were retrieved from national database of population based cancer registry to describe esophageal cancer burden in registration areas. Methods: In 2012, 104 population-based cancer registries reported cancer incidence and mortality...
- An Early Presenting Esophageal Schwannoma. Choo, Shelly S.; Smith, Maurice; Cimino-Mathews, Ashley; Yang, Stephen C. // Gastroenterology Research & Practice;2011, Vol. 2011, p1
Esophageal schwannoma is a rare diagnosis and historically has been a tumor ofmiddle-aged females.We report a case of a 22-yearold male presenting initially with dyspnea secondary to tracheal compression from an 8 Ã— 6 Ã— 3.0 cm esophageal schwannoma. The tumor was surgically resected, and...
- Esophageal Dilation: Personal Experience with Current Instruments and Techniques. Webb, William A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1988, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p471
The popularity and widespread use of flexible panendoscopy has produced a dramatic change in the management of benign strictures of the esophagus. Most are now managed medically. Two new esophageal dilators, the balloon and Savary, have made a major impact on the endoscopist's armamentarium. The...
- Comparative Mortality in Asymptomatic Men Issued Standard Insurance with Routine ECG Classified as Normal or with Minor T Wave Changes. Singer, Richard B. // Journal of Insurance Medicine;2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3/4, p186
Methods.â€”From a prospective electrocardiogram (ECG) study file at the New England Mutual Life Insurance Company, cases were selected on the basis of men issued standard insurance, without symptoms, but with a routine ECG interpreted as normal or with minor low amplitude T wave (+0.5 mm to...
- Asymptomatic Esophageal Perforation. Morris, Steven J.; Greenwald, Richard A.; Barkin, Jamie S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1978, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p379
Presents a case of asymptomatic esophageal perforation. Symptoms associated with rupture of the esophagus; Diagnosis; Mortality rate of patients with perforation who underwent surgery.
- Black Esophagus. GURVITS, GRIGORIY E. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Dec2011, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p1527
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A case of black esophagus with histopathologic description and characterization" by D.L. Altenburger and colleagues in the June 2011 issue.
- Can a little middle-age spread raise my risk of dying young? Griffin, Katherine // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the risk of heart attack faced by women who gain 11 to 18 pounds during middle age. Findings from the Nurses' Health Study; Location of body fat and heart attack risk; Impact of exercise.
- Impact of lifestyle in middle-aged women on mortality: evidence from the Royal College of General Practitioners' Oral Contraception Study. Iversen, Lisa; Hannaford, Philip C.; Lee, Amanda J.; Elliott, Alison M.; Fielding, Shona // British Journal of General Practice;Aug2010, Vol. 60 Issue 577, p563
Background Although many individuals have multiple lifestyle risk factors, few studies have investigated the impact of lifestyle risk factor combinations among women. Aim To investigate the relationship between individual and combinations of lifestyle risk factors in middle-aged women with...