Ikea's bags of money
- Making the most of caring. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p3
Comments on the project of Ikea AB to charge customers for plastic shopping bags in Great Britain. Fund raising for local environmental initiatives; Improvement in the image of the company; Understanding of corporate responsibility.
- Ikea results go from strength to strength. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p1
Reports on the increase in operating profit of Ikea in Great Britain in the year to August 31, 2001. Sales for the period; Percentage of increase in operating profits; Number of retail stores of Ikea.
- Getting the balance right. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p1
Comments on the financial performance of Ikea in 2000 and 2001. Operating profit during the period; Number of stores during the period.
- Litterbag. // National Geographic;Aug2007, Vol. 212 Issue 2, preceding p32
The article discusses the environmental problems associated with plastic shopping bags. The bags are petroleum based and can take hundreds of years to decompose in landfills. Their light weight also casus them to be blown about the landscape and waterways. IKEA has begun a program to encourage...
- Ikea ousts MFI to become UK's largest furniture chain. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p1
Reports on the increase in the profits of Great Britain-based furniture retailer Ikea. Increase in the sales of the store; Factors behind the increase in the store's profits; Cheaper imports.
- Ikea Adds More Stores, More Food. Wellman, David // Retail Merchandiser;Aug2005, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p7
Report on the launch of a chain store of Swedish furniture company Ikea in Atlanta, Georgia as part of its continuing expansion in the U.S. Appointment of Frank Briel as store manager of an Ikea store in Massachusetts; Role of the growth of the housing sector in the increase in profit of the...
- RTA Update. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p21
Reports developments in retail trade as of September 2003. Addition of another label to the home goods brands of Hudson's Bay Co.; Establishment of a store in Connecticut by Ikea AB; Sales performance of Bombay Co.
- RETAILER BRIEFS. Moran, Michelle // Gourmet Retailer;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p13
The article presents information on recent developments related to retail trade. California-based Mollie Stone's Markets presented the Samaritan House of San Mateo, California with a check for over $11,000. The money was raised through a FOOD FOR ALL point-of-purchase fundraiser that Mollie...
- Untitled. Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;10/24/2006, p23
The article reports that Ikea AB, a furniture retailer, has deployed a demand forecasting system to manage suppliers working with longer lead times, as it plans to increase its cost-effectiveness. It is stated that the firm reported good profits in the last financial year, and it wants to...