Deflation returns after a four-year absence
- Furniture deflation slows in Octobeter. // Cabinet Maker;11/6/2009, Issue 5662, p6
The article reports on the decrease of the annual deflation in the furniture and floor coverings sector in October 2009.
- 100 independent stores worth watching. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p24
Discusses critical issues concerning furniture retailers included in the Beyond the Top 100 list. Concern over the rising operating cost and lower gross profits caused by reduced wholesale prices; Ineffectiveness of advertising techniques in attracting consumer activity; Recognition of the...
- Deflation: The Oversupply of Everything. Steidtmann, Carl // Retail Merchandiser;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p54
Comments on the deflation of retail store products in the U.S. Role of the financial markets in retail deflation; Way by which institutional change contribute to inflation; Discussion of debt reduction and decapitalization.
- How To Combat Deflation. Kelman, Al; Failer, Barb // Chain Store Age;Feb2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p25
Presents information on how retailers can combat deflation. Impact of deflation on retailers; Factors affecting deflation in the U.S.; Tactics small retailers can resort to during deflationary cycles.
- Retail sales running both hot and cold. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p25
Examines the business condition of the furniture retail industry based on the observations of the companies included in the Beyond the Top 100 list. Claim by companies of the occurrence of a variety of business cycles since January of 2003 in different parts of the U.S.; Focus on the experiences...
- Get the pricing right to increase furniture profits. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2007, Issue 5534, p9
The author reflects on the effect of price deflation on the furniture industry in Great Britain. He discusses the reasons behind the prevalence of inflation. The author explains the concern of manufacturers and retailers on the subject of price and profit of the industry. He further states that...
- Furniture sector sees price deflation. // Cabinet Maker;8/6/2010, Issue 5699, p4
The article reports on the deflation of prices for the furniture and floor coverings industry in Great Britain for July 2010.
- Croatia: Deflation Risks Limited. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p12
Provides information on the economic conditions in Croatia as of July 7, 2003. Status of Croatian monthly retail prices; Details of deflation in the country; Increase in inflation.
- Suppliers will continue to carry the burden of retailers' cost-cutting drive. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Aug2004, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the negative impact of food retailers' cost-cutting drive on manufacturers in Great Britain. Problems of retailers related to deflation; Need for retailing companies to concentrate on reducing their price in order to survive.