Final Juniper Buoy Tender Launched by Manitowoc
- Reminder About the Navy Vessel Protection Zone. // Pacific Yachting: Boating in the Pacific Northwest;Jul2009, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the reminders of the Coast Guard to boaters to stay away from U.S. naval vessels following the accident of three watercraft operators. It outlines the violations of three personal watercraft operators when they ride too close to a U.S. warship as it entered San Diego...
- COAST GUARD CUTTERS. Stone, Lynn M. // Coast Guard Cutters;2006, preceding p1
The article offers information about the U.S. Coast Guard cutters. They are vessels over 65 feet in length and with enough live-aboard space for the vessel's crew. Some of the vessels the Coast Guard lists as cutters go strictly by that name. There are, for example, high endurance cutters and...
- COAST GUARD SHIPS. // Sea Power;Jan2010, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p142
The article offers information on the different Coast Guard Ships in the U.S. It enumerates the different ships of Coast Guard including High-Endurance Cutter (WHEC), Maritime Security Cutter Large (WMSL), and Medium-Endurance Cutter (WMEC). The article also presents several charts depicting the...
- Coast Guard Cutter Is Ahead of Schedule. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2004, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p4
The United States Coast Guard and Integrated Coast Guard Systems announced that preliminary design and final requirements work will commence immediately on the new Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) program. This announcement puts the OPC program three years ahead of schedule.
- Coast guard set to rejuvenate ailing fleet. Jones, C. Tyler // Program Manager;May/Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the United States Coast Guard's plan to overhaul its outdated assets. Replacement of its entire fleet of major cutters and aircraft; Mission analysis report; Mission needs statement; Deepwater Project.
- TRANSFORMING AMERICA'S 'SENTINELS OF THE SEA.' // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p89
Describes the U.S. Coast Guard's Integrated DEEPWATER System program. Recapitalization of aging and technologically obsolete cutters, helicopters and aircraft; Infusion of integrated logistics systems; Aim of the project to transform the Coast Guard's ability to provide higher levels of...
- A Critical Asset. McGrath, J. Michael // Sea Power;Aug2008, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the East Coast tour of the naval ship, Bertholf and another on the Deepwater program of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- CORRECTIONS. // Sea Power;May2010, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p6
Corrections to articles such as the photograph featuring the United States Ship (USS) Laffey also known as "The Ship That Would Not Die" and "Act on USCG Authorization" that were published in the April 2010 issue are presented.
- Joint Homeland Security Agency Boarding Touted as a Success. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;4/20/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p2
This article reports on a joint agency boarding of a vessel in Bellingham, Washington conducted by members of the U.S. Coast Guard Sector Seattle, Washington, according to officials from the U.S. Coast Guard. This resulted in the extradition of once crew to Redmond, Washington for arrest...