Coast Guard is Seeking Broader Authority to Make Arrests on Land
- Arrests made in conjunction with Van Zandt County thefts of copper. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/26/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 43, p5
The article reports that the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office Investigators along with Constable Pat Jordan made arrests on October 19, 2006 in connection with copper thefts in Van Zandt County, Texas. The rewards provided by the Van Zandt County Sheriff to tipsters of crimes are described....
- Warrant System Warrants Improvement, Report Says. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Mar1999, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p80
Provides information on the database used to track outstanding arrest warrants in Massachusetts. Shortcomings of the system; Debate over how it could be used to its full potential; Backlog of outstanding warrants.
- You Can Run, But You Can't Hide: Thieves try to hide in plain sight. // Aqua;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the attempt of thieves to hide from a Windsor arresting officer in Ontario. It states that the arresting officer was able to spot the reported stolen Jeep and chase the thieves to recover the vehicle and arrest the drivers until it crushes into the light pole. It also...
- Three Tibetans jailed, charges unknown. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the arrest and sentence given to three Tibetan youths from Sichuan Sheng, China for three to four years of imprisonment. The three were reportedly suspected for political-related charges but there has been no exact charge filed against them. Meanwhile, the three suspects...
- Suge Knight Jailed For Alleged Parole Violations. // Jet;1/20/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the arrest of Marion "Suge" Knight, founder of the Death Row Records label, now known as Tha Row, for reportedly violating the terms of his parole. The alleged parole violations involve his reported association with reputed gang members. Knight, who had been convicted of assault for a...
- Total Estimated Arrests, 2002. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p165
The article presents statistical information related to total estimated arrests in 2002 in the U.S. Data includes crimes like, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, arson, violent crimes, property crime,...
- Bail in California. Gustafson, Roy A. // California Law Review;Dec56, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p815
Discusses the policies and procedures applicable to the release of a prisoner on bail in California. Definitions of bail under California statutes; Purpose of bail; Instances when bail may not be used to obtain release from detention on a criminal charge.
- Home Free. Moore, Joe; Vine, Katy // Texas Monthly;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p80
Describes the challenges faced in 1999, when arrested in Tulia, Texas and sentenced to prison for a crime not committed. Details of the arrest; Impact of the incident even after the release from prison; Views on the state of the justice system in Texas.
- 'You're Under Arrest!' 'No, You Are!'. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Dec1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Comments on the system of granting arrest warrants in Tennessee. Process of filing a warrant in the state; Types of cases that citizens file for warrants; Implications of the procedure.