'The Power of Teamwork' --- Not Just a Catch-Phrase
- ABOUT THE NAVAL ORDER. Felger, Daniel G. // Naval History;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p60
The article presents information on the Naval Order of the U.S. The mission of the Naval Order of the U.S. is to preserve, promote, and celebrate the history and heritage of its component sea services: the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and Public Health Service. The Naval...
- NAVY LEAGUE NEWS. Atkinson, Peter E. // Sea Power;May2004, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p55
Highlights the Adm. Vern Clark Safety Awards for Navy individuals and units and the Gen. James L. Jones Safety Awards for the Marine Corps presented during the Navy League of the United States' 2004 Sea-Air-Space Exposition held in April 6, 2004. Recipients of the awards; Other awards presented...
- Sea Service Notes. // Sea Power;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p37
Reports on developments related to the U.S. Armed Forces as of November 2003. Withdrawal of the Navy's last F-14 Tomcat fighters in Japan; Selection of the Aleutian island of Adak as the primary support base for the agency's Sea-Based X-Band radar by the Missile Defense Agency; Delivery of the...
- Around the Services. Betancourt, Alberto // Soldiers;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p27
Reports several events related to the U.S. Armed Forces as of April 2003. Activities of the Air Force; Initiation of the Navy for a training in preparation for mission activities in the Persian Gulf region; Military buildup of the Marines in the gulf.
- Around the Services. High, Gil // Soldiers;Jun2001, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p37
Presents updates on the United States Armed Forces as of June 2001. Campaign launched by the Navy; Completion of a parachute jump by combat controllers from the 22nd Special Tactics Squadron at McChord Air Force Base, Washington; Celebration at the Marine Corps Barracks in Washington, D.C.
- ORM -- What's in It For Me? Komornik, Denis // Mech;Summer2013, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p30
The article presents information on the importance of operational risk management (ORM) skills for sailors and marines. It states that U.S. Navy and Marine Corps are only about accomplishing significant missions for the country. Therefore, integration of risk management process is must for these...
- Incomplete Auto Logsets. Singh, Dhanmattie // Mech;Summer2013, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p32
The article presents information on incomplete auto log sets (ALS) in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. It discusses logbooks and records as an integral part of aviation maintenance and safety. It also mentions about the importance of Inventory Explorer Configuration Management skills for sailors...
- Semper Fortis. Murphy, Jim // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2009, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the author's comments on the identity crisis by the lack of motto in the U.S. Navy. He comments that the Marine Corps know their identity and their message has not changed while the Navy's message is far less clear. He refers to the introduction of the Navy Ethos by the...
- Roles/missions updated for commission. // Marines;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the strategic vision of the US Navy and the Marine Corps as presented to the Congressional Commission on Roles and Missions of the Armed Forces. Remarks of Secretary of the Navy John H. Dalton concerning the issue; Role of marine aviation in the combined arms team of the Armed Forces.