- Fast Track for STB Nominees. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;3/15/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the progress of appointment of Frank Mulvey and Douglas Buttrey to the United States Surface Transportation Board (STB).
- NTSB. Dickey, Beth // National Journal;6/18/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p2000
Profiles U.S. National Transportation Safety Board designated chairman Ellen Engleman Conners. Role in the reorganization of the Transportation Department's Research and Special Programs Administration; Management style of Conners; Academic and career background.
- Improving the usefulness of agencies' annual performance plans. Mihm, J. Christopher // Public Manager;Fall98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p13
Enumerates several points culled from the US General Accounting Office's summary assessment of executive agencies' fiscal year 1999 annual performance plans. Better articulation of a results orientation; Coordination of cross-cutting programs; Demonstration of performance consequences of budget...
- Performance Perks. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;Jan2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Reveals that performance agreements with senior executives at three United States government agencies are leading to improved business results. Education Department's Office of Student Financial Assistance; Veterans Health Administration; Transportation Department; Linking of specific goals for...
- Results Inaction. Ballard, Tanya N. // Government Executive;Jan2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p16
Reveals that federal managers in the United States fail to use the performance information that agencies are required to track under the 1993 Government Performance and Results Act. Critical attitudes of managers to the use of performance plan data; Percentage of management changes based on...
- IT'S THE LAYERS, NOT THE NUMBERS, THAT COUNT. Light, Paul C. // Government Executive;Mar2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p74
Comments on the advice of good government groups to cut the number of the Bush administration's political appointees in the United States. Concerns regarding the phenomenal layering of the federal bureaucracy in the U.S.; Large proportion of government layers occupied by political appointees...
- Sir Ian Kennedy named as NHS super inspector. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;12/6/2002, p9
Reports the appointment of Ian Kennedy as chairman of the Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection in Great Britain. Position held in the Bristol heart scandal inquiry; Establishment of an independent inspectorate by the health secretary; Merger of the Commission for Health Improvement...
- Minnesota Comprehensive Health Association (MCHA) Notice of Executive Committee Meeting 30 September 2014. // Minnesota State Register;9/22/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p397
The article presents a notice of executive committee meeting of the Minnesota Comprehensive Health Association (MCHA) to be held on September 30, 2014 in St. Louis Park.
- Stacking Up. Laurent, Anne // Government Executive;Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p13
Attempts to measure the United States government management performance with the goal of prompting agencies to manage better. Project of the government aimed at improving its management performance; Description on the study conducted by the `Government Executive' magazine and the Pew Charitable...