Unhappy in Albuquerque
- A candid conversation with Mayor Chavez. // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p14
Presents an interview with Albuquerque Mayor Martin J. Chavez. Proposal for a bridge through Albuquerque's North Valley; Educational background; Family; Views on being a mayor; Vision for Albuquerque's future; On the importance of a strong downtown core; Problems of the Montano Bridge project;...
- Omaha OKs Budget, Plans Up to $40M in Bonds for Fall. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p32
Reports on the expectation for legislators to finalize a 2006 budget and capital plan in Omaha, Nebraska. Focus of the budget to restore cuts made in previous years; Intention of the legislators to propose a referendum for bonds for capital improvement projects; Anticipation for the move of...
- Public Budget Hearings. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32372, p31
The article reports on the arrangement of three public hearing by the Albuquerque City Council on the proposed budget of Mayor Martin ChÃ¡vez in New Mexico. The 473 million dollars budget proposition includes wage increases, public safety improvements, expansion of the bus system, and for the...
- City begins budget planning. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;6/25/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 90, p2
The article reports that aldermen started planning budget for the 2015 fiscal year for Graham, Texas on June 19 council meeting in the city.
- Spending plan for 2012 nets approval. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of Fenton, Missouri approved the 2012 city budget after deciding to split a certain full-time job into two part-time jobs without benefits in the financial and community development departments.
- Batavia, NY Residents to Choose Own Hauler. // Solid Waste Report;4/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the approval of the 23 million U.S. dollar budget by city council members of Batavia in New York that will exclude city garbage services.
- Council tries to nip Bloomie's cuts in the bud. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;11/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 47, p45
Focuses on the attempts of City Council members of Harlem in New York City, New York to prevent deductions in the budget proposed by the city mayor Michael Bloomsberg. Order of the speaker, Gifford Miller, to address objectionable items in the budget plan; Support of the Contract Committee's...
- Albuquerque Prepares $120M GO Package for October Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p4
The article reports that Albuquerque, New Mexico is this month finalizing a $120 million general obligation bond package that will go to voters at the regularly scheduled municipal election on October 5, 2004. The proceeds would be mostly devoted to traffic and park improvements, but each of the...
- Mohawk Council budget items questioned. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/20/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p5
The article presents information on the budget of the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake that has been questioned by a member of the council.