Massachusetts Governor Wants More Debt Disclosure From Local Governments
- Mitt Romney. Evans, Wendy // Our States: Massachusetts;2016, p1
This article focuses on Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who was elected in 2002 after working to save the 2002 Winter Olympics from scandal and financial crisis. The biographical information details Romney's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. In...
- BIG BIRD IS A 1 PERCENTER. // Boise Weekly;10/17/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p7
The author reflects on the statements made by U.S. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney regarding the cutting of expenditure of 445 million U.S. dollars a year which amounts to one percent of the federal budget.
- Romney fires another gay. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;7/20/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p13
The article reports on the reasons for the termination of Don Gorton by Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Gorton said he believes that anti-gay bias and retaliation for whisteblowing may have factored into his termination by Romney from his position as a commissioner on the state's Appellate...
- IS THERE ANYTHING GRANHOLM DOESN'T THINK IS A CRITICAL NATIONAL NEED? // CATO Policy Report;May/Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, following p19
The article presents views of Jennifer Granholm, a former governor of Michigan, as he feels that Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, will play an important role in spending money on anything other than military during his rule.
- Romney targets funding for LGBT programs--again. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;11/16/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
The article reports on the cuts made by Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney from the Fiscal Year 2007 (FY07) budget via an executive power. Among the hardest hit programs in Romney's cuts are those that serve LGBT students and seniors. Romney's cuts to LGBT and HIV/AIDS-related programs nearly...
- Star of Romney Ad Received Government Aid. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;7/24/2012, p11
The article reports that the star of the political advertising for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has received government aid.
- Patrick appoints second high-ranking gay health official. // Bay Windows;4/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p19
The article reports that Jean Flatley McGuire, who is openly gay, has been appointed by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick as assistant secretary for disability policies and programs. The article discusses how McGuire was formerly the head of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's...
- Culture Bonding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p25
The article reports that lawmakers have approved a $13 million Cultural Facilities Fund and a $2.45 million increased spending for the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's vetoes. According to the article, the fund will offer grants, loans and planning...
- Pants on Fire Romney. ROBINSON, Washington Post Columnist; is firstname.lastname@example.org, EUGENE // Moderate Voice;5/29/2012, p9
The article focuses on the false statements of U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Romney claims on his campaign website that federal spending has accelerated during the tenure of President Barack Obama but financial news website MarketWatch concluded that there has been no big increase in...