House Rail Panel Chair Won't Seek Re-Election
- Rail security bills make their way through Congress. // Railway Age;Jul2004, Vol. 205 Issue 7, p14
Presents information on several rail security bills passed in the U.S. Congress in 2004. Protecting Railroads against Enemy Efforts through Modernization, Planning, and Technology Act introduced by Representative Jack Quinn of New York; Rail Transit Safety and Security Act of 2004 introduced by...
- Cole wins Wirth's 142nd District seat in Assembly. // Buffalo Law Journal;5/8/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the election of Michael Cole, attorney at Jeffrey Freedman Attorneys at Law, to the New York state Assembly 142nd District in May 2006. Remarks from Jeffrey Freedman, senior partner in Jeffrey Freedman Attorneys at Law, on Cole; Work experience of Cole as general counsel and senior...
- Congressman calls for tougher load security for flatbeds. // Overdrive;Aug93, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Cites the call of Congressman Jack Quinn's for a tougher load security regulations for flatbed trucks to the Federal Highway Administration. Accident on the New York State Thruway that spurred the move; Defense of load security by the carrier owner.
- Yo, networks! You blew it! // National Journal;1/4/97, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Reports on assertion of Representative Jack Quinn of New York that he is not the same Jack Quinn who resigned as White House Counsel. Use of Representative Quinn's picture in news stories about White House Counsel's resignation.
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.
- State Senate Passes Bill Authorizing Up to $6 Billion in Transport Debt. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p5
Reports that the Virginia Senate has approved legislation authorizing the issuance of up to $6 billion in bonds for transportation projects in the eastern part of the state. Significance of the bill for state voters; Provision in the bill related to the utilization of revenues from the bonds;...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p34
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status in the U.S. Use of mortgage prepayments by housing agencies; Issuance of tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance a professional sports stadium; Eligibility of the people to participate in mortgage revenue bond programs.