Munis Unchanged in Monday Malaise; Treasuries Shrug Off New-Home Sales
- INTEREST RATES RISING, INFLATION LOW. RICK, STEVE // E-Scan Newsletter;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses the economic conditions of the U.S. from 2010 to 2013. It tackles the growth of the interest rate on the 10-year Treasury Inflation Protected Security (TIPS) as well as the inflation-indexed bonds released by the Treasury Department. It also mentions the decline of oil...
- Treasuries dip down despite rosy GDP data. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;11/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30265, p2
Reports the decrease in United States Treasury securities in the third quarter of 1997 despite an increase in gross domestic product. Decrease in the 30- and 10-year treasury bond prices; Attention on the volatility of securities.
- RANDOM WALK. Gekko // National Review;9/26/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p36
The article discusses current issues concerning the U.S. economy as of September 1994. Wall Street economists, money managers and the Borrowing Advisory Committee of the U.S. Treasury criticized the decision of U.S. Treasury Secretary Lloyd Bentsen to reduce the maturity on treasury borrowing....
- News in brief. // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p2
Reports on economic developments in the United States as of February 28, 2000. Increase in seasonally adjusted annual rate of the gross domestic product in the fourth-quarter of 1999; Decline in existing home sales; Moody's Investors Services' decision to raise the general obligation bond...
- Economy slowed to four-year low. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;10/28/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p10
Reveals the slowdown of the United States' economic growth in the second quarter of 1999. Regaining annual home sales' growth; Gross domestic product deceleration; Inflation and strong consumer spending; Increase in claims for unemployment benefits; Bill Clinton administration's policy on...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p2
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. economic conditions in 2008. In November 2007, spending on construction projects increased 0.1% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.165 trillion. The Institute for Supply Management reported that the overall economy grew for the 74th straight...
- Fed-Economy Face-Off Slaps Taxable Bonds. MARIE BEERENS // Investors Business Daily;9/3/2015, pA13
The article offers information on the implications of the economic uncertainty on the government and treasury bonds in the U.S. The topics discussed include the effects of market volatility on the bonds market, the likelihood of the Federal Reserve to raise its benchmark interest rates during...
- Treasury to Sell $13B 10-Year TIPs. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
The Treasury Department said it will auction $13 billion 10-year inflation-protected notes on July 21.
- Treasury 2-Year Notes Auctioned at 0.542% High Yield. // Bondbuyer.com;11/24/2014, p6
The Treasury Department Monday auctioned $28 billion of two-year notes with a 1/2% coupon at a 0.542% yield, a price of 99.916676.