Undercover in Cambridge
- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- A genuine fan of furniture trade. O'Dwyer, Steve // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p35
The article presents information about Steve O'Dwyer, a sales director at Island Cliff, a beds and bedroom furniture manufacturer and importer. After school he spent 11 years in the supermarket industry but became disillusioned and joined Allied Carpets as a store manager. He was sent on a...
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- EYE ON DESIGN. Beswick, Cris // In-Store;Oct2005, p46
Evaluates several stores of carpet and flooring retailers in Great Britain. Allied Carpets; John Lewis; Carpetright.
- NUMBER CRUNCHING. // Estates Gazette;8/1/2009, Issue 930, p31
The article presents statistics on topics related to real estate in Great Britain, including the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets was paying in 2007 and the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets Retail wants to pay.
- Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers, suppliers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of November 23, 1998. Includes financial gains of Allied Carpets despite speculation about the sale of 27 stores to Carpetright; Increase in Magnet's operating profits; Financial losses...
- Tenants lined up in case rug is pulled from under Allied Carpets. // Estates Gazette;6/27/2009, Issue 925, p19
This article reveals that British landlords have been trying to line up new tenants for the stores owned by Allied Carpets in anticipation that an administrator will be soon be appointed to its property arm. On June 23, 2009, Allied Carpet Properties filed a notice of intention to appoint BDO...