DFS: going back to its roots
- Taking effect. Barker, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p12
The article focuses on Graham Kirkham, executive chairman of DFS Furniture Company PLC., who has borrowed nearly £s;500 million to buy back DFS. What seems to have particularly frustrated Kirkham was the media interpretation of his silence on whether he would stay or go when his...
- Discounting to the death. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the successful attempt of Lord Kirkham to buy back DFS Furniture Co. PLC. As a private firm, DFS can now afford to take a hit to its margin to see off rivals. Freed from the shackles of being a PLC, with demands for constant growth, Kirkham can now turn his attention to...
- Kirkham: DFS is the only company for me. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p5
The article reports on the dedication of Lord Kirkham towards DFS Furniture Co. PLC. After successful buy back of DFS, Kirkham accepted that he would probably have stayed at DFS even if his bid to buy back the company had failed. And even if he had left, he would not have set up another...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p5
Reports on developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 17, 2004. Sale of Myer's and Staples contract of Myer's Bed to Mattison Woodworking Machinery Co.; Date of vote on Lord Kirkham's increased takeover bid for DFS Furniture Co. PLC; Plan of Laura Ashley...
- DFS profits rise 19.4%. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p6
The article reports on the booming trade and soaring profits of DFS Furniture Co. PLC. This rise in profit is due to DFS chairman Lord Kirkham's controversial decision to take the company into private ownership. There has been 8% increase in turnover for 2005 which amounts to Â£576m as...
- Sale success for ScS but Beere goes. // Cabinet Maker;2/13/2004, Issue 5375, p3
Reports on higher sales growth posted by British furniture chain ScS during winter 2003. Comparison with the performance of market leader DFS; Resignation of ScS finance director Sacha Beere.
- DFS is gaining on last year's figures. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain as of September 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Growth prospects for 2001.
- Turn off the telly. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Comments on the strong financial performance of British furniture manufacturer DFS Furniture PLC in 2002. High level of advertising by DFS; Efforts to upgrade DFS stores and designs.
- DFS posts record sales per sqft. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Reports on the sales performance of England-based furniture manufacturer DFS for the 53-week period ended August 2002. Sales per floorspace; Market share; Operating profits; Opening of three additional stores.