Limited growth likely in bedroom market
- Youth bedrooms moving toward grown-up styles. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p25
Focuses on the market performance of the youth bedroom segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.
- New style twists freshen metal bed category. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the market performance of the metal beds segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.
- Courts ruled OK on beds. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/99, Issue 5159, p5
Reports that the Great Britain Advertising Standards has ruled that house furnishings company Courts can continue to claim to be the country's `Biggest Beds Specialist.'
- Corndell award. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p2
Reports that Corndell Furniture has been named Bedroom Furniture Supplier of the Year by department store chain House of Fraser.
- Hypnos gains Iip award. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports that bed manufacturer Hypnos was awarded Investors in People status.
- Sealy highly commended. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports that bed firm Sealy was highly commended in the Duke of Westminster Awards for Business Excellence.
- Moving on up. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p12
Focuses on growth in the British market for adjustable beds. Consumer buying activity for adjustable beds in the present; Current design trends in the adjustable bed market; Description of various adjustable bed models offered by various retailers.
- Comfort World Inc., with four stores, files here for Chapter 11 protection. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);11/9/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 23, pA6
The article reports that the Spokane, Washington-based bedroom furnishing retailer Comfort World Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 protection. In the bankruptcy filing, the company lists about $1.1 million in assets and about $3.2 million in liabilities. The court documents also revealed that taxes...
- Shiftman creates quality by hand. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the manufacturing of bedroom furniture by Shifman Mattress Co. in Newark, New Jersey. Product quality; Enhancement of the manufacturing procedures; Investment of craftsmanship in mattresses.
- Arbek to focus on master bedroom. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;03/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p56
Informs that United States-based case goods manufacturer and importer Arbek is launching a rebranding program to establish itself as a hallmark name for bedroom furniture. Creation of a new logo to identify Arbek's brand and product direction; User-friendly web site.