CD-R, @CD-Rkive, and the American way of records-keeping
- Business... // Link-Up;May/Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Presents news briefs on business-related online information services in the U.S. as of May 2002. Availability of government reports online; Introduction of a program that allows businesses to gain visibility for their Web sites by Google; Announcement of the availability of resources related to...
- Window on Spending. Friesen, Leslie // Government Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p48
The article highlights the decision of the city councils of Fort Collins, Colorado and Honolulu, Hawaii to publish their spending reports online. Donovan Dela Cruz, chairman of the Honolulu City Council, leads the effort in a bid to promote transparency. A citizen's request for records in 2002...
- Coming soon to a computer near you: Minnesota Court Records. LINSK, RICK // Bench & Bar of Minnesota;Oct2015, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the plans of Minnesota courts to make more of their records electronically accessible through the internet, as of October 2015. Topics discussed include restriction on accessibility of records regarding juveniles or pending criminal matters; the Minnesota Court Information...
- Powered by CCC & EMG, Simon & Schuster was nation's largest K-12 electronic publisher in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;09/16/98, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p1
Features electronic publishers (EP) in the United States which topped the `Electronic Education Report' periodical's ranking of K-12 EP for 1997. Simon & Schuster as the nation's largest K-12 EP; Advantage Learning Systems as the most profitable educational software publisher; Jostens Learning...
- Lost in time and space. Zollman, Peter M. // Editor & Publisher;09/20/97 Supplement, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p40
Focuses on the approaches adopted by makers of Web sites on media news to address the problem of confusing terms on Web publications. Changing of Nando.net's news section called `Nation' into Global' and `Stateside'; Tips on making Web sites more understandable to national and international users.
- The character of our content. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p36
Features several online publishers in the United States. View that the electronic magazine must be autonomous; Online magazine as replications of existing editorials; Hotwired; Time Inc's Pathfinder; Home Arts. INSET: Where to find it..
- Gimme that new-time cyber-religion, maybe. Ellingson, Dave // Las Vegas Business Press;3/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p18
Reports on developments concerning electronic publishing in the United States. Microsoft's hiring of editors to sift news for distribution on its Microsoft Network; Oracle Corp.'s plan to offer highly controllable, individualized, searchable video news services available digitally through...
- E-mail newspaper. // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p8
Announces the publication of a new international black electronic newspaper/magazine. Disciplines covered by the periodical; Objective of the publication; Specifications of articles to be submitted.
- Online journals: Print publishers move from pilot to full rollout. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb97, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
Details the effort of science, technical and medical (STM) publishers to launch online versions of their journals. Economic viability of online publications; Academic Press' creation of a SGML master archive; Elsevier's licensing of electronic versions of its printer journals; Springer of...