- CD-Erasable: It's a wipe out. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p92
Opinion. Presents the author's view on compact disc-erasable (CD-E). CD-E compared to CD-Recordable; Problems on CD-E media; Opinion on the claim that CD-E is `the best bridge to digital versatile disc.'
- CD-Tracker. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p13
Presents a graph depicting the global market share of compact disc-R (CD-R) media for the first half of 1998.
- the new dyes cast. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the production of compact disc-recordable CD-R) media. Notable companies in involved in CD-R manufacturing; Marketing of CD-R media; Factors contributing to the usability and longevity of CD-R media; Key issues faced by manufacturers in CD-R production; Dye formulations used in CD-R...
- goodbye, COLUMBUS. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
Presents statistics on the sales of Compact Disc (CD)-ReWritable and CD-Recordable. Prices of CD-R and CD-RW; Strength of CD-R over CD-RW.
- Bit by bit, the stakes get higher in the digital resolution revolution. Daley, Dan // Billboard;8/24/96, Vol. 108 Issue 34, p44
Presents the digital resolution alternatives presented to compact disc replicators. Super Bit Mapping (SBM) technology offered by Sony; Super CD Mastering System from Apogee Electronics; Development of mastering facilities for CD replication; Impact of the technological evolution in CD replication.
- Dive in to DVD. Sealey, Mark // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
Provides models to consider which relate to Digital Video Disc (DVD) players and DVD-ROM drives (computer version). Purpose of most of these models.
- INDUSTRY LEADERS DEMONSTRATE REAL-TIME DVD+RW RECORDING. // CD Computing News;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the leaders in CD-ReWritable industry such as Ricoh and Sony, have reinforced their commitment to digital video disc-ReWritable technology.
- In wake of CD-R media shortage, planned Barcelona plant will boost production. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Ricoh Corp. and Kao Infosystems Corp. have announced plans to establish a company for producing compact-disc recordable media in Europe. Target timetable for the joint venture.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p29
Presents compact disc read-only memory-related news items for October 1996. Includes alliance between 2Way Media Inc. and Intel Corp.; Pinnacle Micro Inc.'s distribution agreement with Marshall Industries; Financial performance of Sony Corp. for the first quarter of 1996.