Whatever happened to optimization?
- Recordings Available from Some Speakers at the ABA Marketing Conference. // ABA Bank Marketing;Oct2010, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p49
The article announces that marketers can already avail of the recordings of the recent ABA Marketing Conference in CD-ROMs or as an electronic file of the selected sessions.
- GOVERNMENT CRYOGENICS DATABASE RECONSTRUCTED AND UPDATED. // Worldwide Databases;Mar2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports the database reconstruction and update of the National Bureau of Standards Cryogenic Data Center in the United States. List of agencies and corporations responsible for the database reconstruction; Interest of the government on database available in compact disk read-only memory;...
- Rescue Files Trapped on a CD-RW Gone Bad. Spector, Lincoln // PCWorld;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p206
Provides advice for computer users. How to use files burned to a compact disk that are corrupted; How to print folder directories.
- No Backup System? Get One--Today. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Oct99, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p74
Focuses on backup systems, a technology that allows to copy files stored on computer's hard drive to another storage medium, and stash them away from the office. Why experts recommend CD-ROM systems for archiving old data such as closed client files; How to test backup system.
- Get Your PC to Boot Up Faster. Spector, Lincoln // PC World;Aug2000, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p212
Offers advice about computers. How to get your computer to start up faster; How to empty the Temporary Internet Files folder in Internet Explorer; How to ensure that the CD-ROM drive will keep the same drive letter; Advice for protecting file associations; How to find a particular .zip or .cab...
- DATABASE & DISC REVIEWS. LaGuardia, Cheryl; Swanson, Troy A.; McKeigue, Elizabeth; Kautzamn, Amy M.; Kosokoff, Jeff; Kent, Caroline M. // Library Journal;9/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p121
Reviews several databases and CD-ROMs. The 'Alldata Online,' database; The 'Cookenpro 2,' CD-ROM; The CD-ROM 'Harvest of Knowledge: Scientific Publications of the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Create an Emergency `Super' Disk. Steers, Kirk // PC World;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p282
Offers hardware tips for personal computer users. Creation of a rescue disk to access a personal computer's CD-ROM drive; Identification of files that should be backed up; Expanding the capacity of 100MB start-up disk. INSET: PC Card Removal Etiquette.
- 2007 AATCC Technical Manual now available. // Indian Textile Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p114
The article announces the availability of the "20007 AATCC Technical Manual" in print and searchable compact disc-read-only memory (CD-ROM) portable document format (PDF) formats. The manual contains a number of test methods, as well as evaluation procedures. Some of the methods featured in it...
- OCLC Enhances CD-ROM Software, Debuts New Disc. // Information Today;Dec1987, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on the introduction of Version 2 of the Search CD450 System software for CD-ROM and compact disc version of the Education Materials in Libraries (EMIL) database by Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) in 1987. EMIL is compiled from the OCLC Online Union Catalog and contains...