DVD PRO Discus Awards for Creative Excellence
- Storybooks. Semple, Patricia // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun96, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p55
Features CD-ROM, videodisc and software storybook titles for K-12 students. Description; Pricing; Contact information.
- Innovation, Motivation, Leadership. Schwerin, Julie B. // Information Today;Feb1987, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p15
This article deals with the role of the optical publishing industry in the availability of CD-ROM. Publishers want to sell more information to more people more profitably. However, publishers do not want to cannibalize current products and lose current customers and distributors for existing...
- Technology Solutions or Confusions? Schwerin, Julie B. // Information Today;Nov1986, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p7
This article focuses on issues related to the development of optical publishing solutions in 1986. Interactive videodiscs are thriving in niche markets today because in the beginning there were consumer applications of the laser videodisc for home playback of movies. The quality of sound and...
- RATINGS. Williams, Dawn // T+D;Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p70
Ninth House Inc. continues to distinguish itself with top-notch production values and extensive use of audio and video. In addition, its use of the CD-ROM to deliver high-band-width media has let Ninth House Inc. courseware move beyond the current text, graphics, and low-resolution small-box...
- Online Announces EIDS Equipped With CD-ROM. // Information Today;Feb1989, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on an Electronic Information Delivery System (EIDS) equipped with Compact Disc from Online Computer Systems, Inc. Online's EIDS compatible system combines a videodisc player, microcomputer, monitor, interface cards, light pen, mouse, touch screen and a keyboard in one...
- The Ascent of Man. Scholtz, James // Booklist;12/1/2001, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p660
Reviews the digital video disc package 'The Ascent of Man,' by Ambrose.
- Connections 1. Scholtz, James // Booklist;12/1/2001, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p660
Reviews the digital video disc package 'Connections 1,' by Ambrose.
- Digital disc offers bargain, with strings. Pargh, Andy // Design News;11/3/97, Vol. 53 Issue 21, p152
Opinion. Discusses views on the home movie technology called DVD-Digital Versatile Disc. How DVD works; Who developed DVD; Cost of DVD; Other features of DVD; Contact information available.
- Top laserdisc sales. // Billboard;8/27/94, Vol. 106 Issue 35, p110
Presents the ranking of top laserdisc video sales for the week ended August 27, 1994. Includes `Tombstone'; `Philadelphia'; `On Deadly Ground'; `The Pelican Brief'; `In the Name of the Father'; `Grumpy Old Men'; `Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit'; `Reality Bites.'