Agreement to result in European distribution of Buena Vista DVD product
- Themed releases. // Discount Store News;1/4/99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p67
Reports that video suppliers are offering prepack merchandisers keyed to themes and seasons. Information on the prepack displays of Buena Vista Home Entertainment; Description of the spring merchandiser offered by Sony Wonder; Information on the prepack merchandiser of Warner Home Video.
- VHS Shrinking, But Still Generating Millions for Certain Studios, Stores. McCourt, Judith // Home Media Retailing;2/27/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the status of the video home system market in the U.S. as of February 2005. Estimated cassette sales in 2005 according to the Home Media Research; Market share of Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Warner Home Video; Percentage of cassette sales which occurred in discount mass...
- Q4 Strategies Differ. Arnold, Thomas K.; McCourt, Judith // Video Store Magazine;12/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p1
Looks at the varied approach of Warner Home Video and Buena Vista Home Entertainment to the fourth-quarter 2003 selling season in the U.S. Selling-approach contrast between Warner Home Video and Buena Vista Home Entertainment; Average theatrical-to-video window of Buena Vista's fourth-quarter...
- BV VID VICTORIOUS. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;04/14/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 31, p1
Reports that Walt Disney Co.'s Buena Vista Home Video generated the most supplier revenue from the United States home video market overall in 1999 with nearly 2.5 billion dollars. Warner Home Videos' dominance in the rapidly growing digital video disc market; Buena Vista's domination of the VHS...
- Gift titles spring eternal to meet seasonal demand. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;4/2/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the effort of studios in promoting their video and digital video disc products as gifts to meet seasonal demand in the United States. MGM Home Entertainment; Warner Home Video; Paramount Home Entertainment; Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- VSM RESEARCH. // Video Store Magazine;1/18/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p22
Presents several graphs related to the U.S. home video industry in 2003. Revenue in billion dollars from DVD rentals; Categories where Buena Vista Home Entertainment, a home video company stacked up their video releases; Market share of Warner Home Video.
- HD Titles Battle It Out. Arnold, Thomas K. // Home Media Magazine;6/3/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p1
The article presents an update on the high-definition (HD) video sector in the U.S. Buena Vista Home Entertainment released the first two "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies on Blu-ray Disc on May 22, 2007, just before the third installment of the movie on theaters. On that same day, Warner Home...
- Video. // Discount Store News;11/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p59
Provides news on retailer, vendor, and executive in video recordings industry. Wal-Mart use of home video for marketing; Celebration of Warner Home Video for Warner Bros. 30th anniversary; North Coast Entertainment acquisition programs; Buena Vista Home Entertainment executive vice president's...
- Disney classics get limited vid runs. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;11/02/96, Vol. 108 Issue 44, p6
Discusses release and marketing plans that Buena Vista Home Video has for a number of 1996 and 1997 video recordings. Titles which will be pulled from the marketplace in 1997, including `The Aristocats'; `Bambi' as leading off plans to release at least one hit title per month in 1997;...