MultiDisc secures patent for CD table of contents caching method
- Memory and Buffer Design Ideas for Today's Digital Products. Chiang, John // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on designs of memory components and describes some of the memory implementations possible. Memory buffers and look-up tables used in video displays; Memory buffers used in digital still cameras, DVD and CD players; Implementation of cache memory in microprocessor systems; Packet buffers...
- Spatializer Audio to spin off its MDT storage unit. // Electronic News;11/17/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2194, p24
Reports that Spatializer Audio Laboratories has decided to spin off its wholly-owned subsidiary, MultiDisc Technologies, to form a separately financed corporation in an effort to compare revenues with its competition. Background information on the company; Comments from vice president of...
- A thumbnail sketch of cache memory. Levy, Markus // EDN;1/19/95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on cache memory as an essential component of high-performance computers. Effect of the Pentium processor on the demand for synchronous static random access memory (SRAMs); Increase of processor frequencies beyond the performance capabilities of dynamic random access memory (DRAM). ...
- But there's a cache. Taylor, Catharine P. // Adweek New England Edition;11/17/97, Vol. 34 Issue 46, pIQ46
Focuses on the growing number of Internet surfers who uses caching, the temporary storage of Web sites on other servers. Widespread use of caching; Result of a study conducted by MatchLogic on caching; Impact of the Web site traffic on the advertising industry.
- Fine-tune embedded-system caches using trace analysis. Rocha, Ed // EDN;09/01/97, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p153
Examines the design of embedded-system caches using trace analysis techniques. Advantages of trace analysis; Details on video compression; Comparison between trace analysis of miss ratio and execution time versus block size and cache size for two cache configurations.
- The Middleware dilemma. Huston, Geoff // Satellite Broadband;Apr2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the benefits and drawbacks of middleware. Perception of corporate networks on middleware; Definition of middleware; Details on the transparent Web cache.
- Optimizing Traffic in DSM Clusters: Fine-Grain Memory Caching versus Page Migration Replication. Lai, An-Chow; Falsafi, Babak // Theory of Computing Systems;2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p269
In this paper we compare and contrast two techniques to improve capacity/conflict miss traffic in CC-NUMA DSM clusters. Page migration/replication optimizes read-write accesses to a page used by a single processor by migrating the page to that processor and replicates all read-shared pages in...
- The Data Locality of Work Stealing. Acar, Umut A.; Blelloch, Guy E.; Blumofe, Robert D. // Theory of Computing Systems;2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p321
This paper studies the data locality of the work-stealing scheduling algorithm on hardware-controlled shared-memory machines, where movement of data to and from the cache is solely controlled by the hardware. We present lower and upper bounds on the number of cache misses when using work...
- Intel revs cache performance. Crothers, Brooke // InfoWorld;6/12/95, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p10
Reports that Intel Corporation introduce its 133-MHz Pentium with a cache controller, that allows systems vendors additional 2MB of level-2 cache per processor to systems.