- War zone--news from the high-density front. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p15
Presents developments concerning the high-density segment of the CD-ROM industry as of October 1995. Support of the MMCD drive by Western Digital and NEC Home Electronics; Support of Time Warner/Toshiba SD by Sega Enterprises and Akai Electronic Co.; Software Dealers Association's creation of a...
- Market watch. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Presents developments concerning the CD-ROM industry in different parts in the world as of October 1995. Increased publisher revenues for multimedia title sales; Prediction of increased optical disc drive sales; Number of CD-ROM drives shipped in 1994; Software sales in the first quarter of 1995.
- Web surfing in the emperor's new clothes. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on trends in the CD-ROM industry. Technological developments; Connecting on the World Wide Web information retrieval system; Consumer concerns; Notion of surfing.
- Metering, control, and commerce: New efforts toward CD-ROM and online transaction and distribution. Nathans, Stephen // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Product releases; Technological developments; Industry trends.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Alliances; Distribution deals; Licenses; Mergers, acquisitions and money matters; Relocations, expansions and name changes; Personnel.
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p30
Presents computer disc read-only memory-(CD-ROM) related news items for October 1996. Includes increase in replication of CD-ROM in North America in 1995; Doubling of price of business Web sites.
- The emergence of CD-ROM. Pozzo, Eric V. // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec93, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p78
Reports that consumer interest in CD-ROM technology in Oregon has been boosted by the success of Trilobyte. Implications for a growing Oregon industry.
- More on CD-ROMs. Clyde, Anne // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p53
Provides an overview on the CD-ROM industry of North America. Increasing utilization of CD-ROMs; Increasing demand for CD-ROMs in the library market; Informal popularity poll conducted for CD-ROMs; Increasing number of schools who are purchasing CD-ROM drives and disks; CD-ROMs related to...
- Cyber-jumble: Five multimedia CD-ROMs for home or work. Burg, Barbara; Kautzman, Amy M. // Searcher;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p49
Reviews the multimedia Compact discs-Read Only Memory (CD-ROMs) which include `Dinosaur Hunter'; `The War in Vietnam'; `Robert Mapplethorpe: An Overview, Robert Mapplethorpe: The Controversy'; `Man Ray: Fautographe,' and `Vision Quest: Men, Women and Sacred Sites of the Sioux Nation.' INSET:...
- How to purchase, set up, & safeguard a CD-ROM network. Almquist, Arne J. // Technology Connection;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on the combination of the advantages of the CD-ROM with those of the computer networking. What the schools build their CD-ROM from; What is the first step in setting up a CD-ROM network; What is the heart of the network operating system (NOS); Most widely used NOS; What the...