facts, figures, & findings
- Survey papers in multimedia - guest editorial. Jain, Ramesh; Bimbo, Albert; Chua, Tat-Seng; Furht, Borko // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Jan2011, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to this special issue of "Multimedia Tools Application," entitled "Survey Papers," is presented. The guest editors say that the issue aims at presenting the condition of the multimedia field and contains 13 articles presenting modern multimedia, from semantic retrieval,...
- No cheap choice for multimedia presentations. Schrimpf, Paul // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/5/94, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p9
Focuses on the planning strategies adapted by multimedia presentation industry to determine cost-effectiveness of an audio-visual technology. Factors considered in the choice of technology for corporate use; Average budget allocated by companies; Multimedia equipment and supplies for corporate...
- Developing a CD-ROM? Israel's got the talent, location, lower costs. Fletcher, Elaine // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p8
Focuses on the fast developing multimedia industry in Israel. Reasons for the boom of multimedia industry in Israel; CD-ROM and other products developed in Israel; Marketing of multimedia products to other countries.
- It's make your mind up time. Campbell, Patrick // TVB Europe;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the expectations of European broadcasting executives on the exhibits at the 1997 NAB Multimedia World Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Includes systems for new digital tape formats; Nonlinear editing technology; Integrated newsrooms.
- NAB 97: A guide for Europe. // TVB Europe;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p22
Presents a directory of companies participating in the 1997 NAB Multimedia World Convention. Includes 5D Ltd.; A.B.S. SpA; ABE Electronica SpA; Accom Inc.
- Multimedia fortifies learning. Boland, Ann // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Feb96, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p20
Reports that multimedia learning has an effect on how organizations train their work forces. Contrast of tradition format with well-designed multimedia; Reference to the Interactive Multimedia Association on multimedia interactive training; Comment from Trevor Ford, manager-training and...
- IBM's Carberry moves on; GI taps Motorola. // Telephony;3/21/94, Vol. 226 Issue 12, p20
Reports on developments in the multimedia systems industry of the United States. International Business Machines Corp.'s multimedia strategist Robert Cranberry's leaving of the company for Blockbuster Entertainment; General Instrument's selection of Motorola to manufacture and sell its...
- Infr@structure. // Inter@ctive Week;11/25/96, Vol. 3 Issue 27, pI-1
Reports on developments on the multimedia systems industry in the United States as of November 25, 1996. Bell Atlantic Network Services' utilization of Telecommunications Inc.'s Soneplex fiber-optic T1; Introduction of Bellcore's integrated services digital network (ISDN) Adviser; Partnership...
- Infr@structure. // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p35
Reports on developments concerning multimedia networks for the week ending March 10, 1997. Includes Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile's introduction of Northeast Seven States Price Plan; Primus Telecommunications Group Inc.'s $800,000 fraud hit in early 1997; U.S. West Inc.'s launching of dial up...