Where's the beef? CD-R software developers contemplate Y2K Compliance
- Tension relief tips. Radding, Alan // Software Magazine;Apr97 Supplement SQT, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pS9
Focuses on the tension between software testers and application developers as it relates to the Year 2000 problem. Why the tension exists; Description of the testers and developers jobs; Comments from Kirby Fortenberry, manager of testing services at Shell Services Corporation. INSET: Five...
- Is your supplier a complier? Sampson, Sandy // Software Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p45
Questions software vendors' compliance on Year 2000 date conversion problem. Advantages of written contracts in compliance issues for organizations; Biggest problems facing information technology organizations; Recommendation that firms make supply-chain dependencies part of their Year 2000...
- The Year 2000 directory. // Software Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p71
Presents a list of companies offering products and services for the Year 2000 date conversion. Solution 2000 from Accelr8 Technology Corp.; Outsourcing services offered by ACE Technologies Inc.; System Vision Year 2000 from Adpac Corp.
- Armageddon rocks! Keeley, Leo // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p72
States that the least analyzed aspects of the year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion phenomenon will almost surely be among the most highly affected areas which is the software industry. Why labor shortage for packaged software industry is ominous; Some trends to expect from the software industry;...
- Cyclomatic Complexity and the Year 2000. McCabe, Thomas; Sharon, David // IEEE Software;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p115
Focuses on the technical and managerial problems posed by the year 2000 computer problem to the computer software industry. Business transactions that will be affected by the year 2000 problem; Type of tools being applied to the year 2000 problem; Reengineering techniques for year 2000 problem.
- Lessons from a programming fiasco. Langnau, Leslie // Material Handling Engineering;Jan99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p26
States that people should learn from the Year 2000 computing problem so as not to repeat this mistake in the coming years. Reasons people will likely face this problem again; Duties of the software industry.
- Software firms race the year-2000 computer bug. Harrington, Mike // CEE News;Jun97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p1
Provides information on Y2K, a year 2000 problem for computer softwares. Business equipments affected by the computer bug; Estimated cost of fixing the problem worldwide.
- Software may rise as investors look past Y2K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p33
Reports the impact of the year 2000 crisis on the computer software industry in the United States. Forecast on the increase of purchase of consumers on softwares as a consequence of the computer bug; Sales production in the software industry as of June 1999; Response computer manufacturing...
- Software publishers seem to see the year 2000 as a marketing opportunity. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;07/06/98, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p60
Comments on the efforts of software publishers to market upgrades to previous products which are not Year-2000 compliant. Questions on the motives of publishers to market the products; Concerns on the failure of publishers to make their products Year-2000 compliant; Names of some products which...