- Players keep improving. Bloom, David // Electronic Media;12/31/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p10
Presents the media players of RealNetworks and Microsoft Corporation in the United States. Creation of MPEG-4 video equipment for RealNetwork platform; Debut of RealOne Music service; Incorporation of media player support in digital video disc processors.
- Real opens up online media battle. Moody, Glyn // Computer Weekly;8/15/2002, p21
Focuses on the competition between RealNetworks Inc. and Microsoft Corp. over the development and marketing of open source software. Advantage of the dominant Microsoft Windows platform; Elements of the Helix[sup 4] open source initiative of RealNetworks; Importance of community sites.
- Netweek: News Digest. // PC Week;11/30/98, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p134
Presents news related to computer networks for November 30, 1998. Why Microsoft Corp. decided to end its investment in RealNetworks Inc.; Telemate.Net 4.13, network monitoring software from Telemate Software Inc.; The decision by Novell Inc. to license NetPro Computing Inc.'s Config Central...
- Start Those Engines ... // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/4/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p33
Cites the battle for market dominance between Real Networks' RealPlayer and Microsoft Corp.'s Mediaplayer media streaming technologies. Webcasting of developments about the 1999 North American International Auto Show on MSN CarPoint, the show's official Web site; Selection of Broadcast.com to...
- Microsoft's Streaming Media Push. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;10/05/98, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p12
Focuses the endeavors of RealNetworks Inc. to rebuild momentum around its streaming media technology, while highlighting the assertions made by rival company Microsoft Corp. regarding its efforts to put its competing streaming media player in the hands of consumers and its servers in the hands...
- Microsoft to sell its stake in RealNetworks. // InfoWorld;11/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p21
Reports that Microsoft Corp. will begin selling its minority stake in RealNetworks. Percentage stake in the company; Reasons cited by Microsoft for the sale.
- Microsoft out of RealNetworks. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Dec98, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the dissolution of the alliance of Microsoft Corp. and RealNetworks. Reason for termination of partnership; Effect of news on stock performance of Real Networks; Terms of agreement.
- IN BRIEF. // PCWorld;May2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p59
The article presents updates on the release of computer security programs as of May 2004. Realnetworks released updates to RealOne Player and RealPlayer 8 that should prevent hackers from invading the computer. Microsoft released version 1.2 of its Baseline Security Analyzer. The analyzer tool,...
- Real trying to take a bite out of Apple iPod. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;8/17/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the marketing campaign of RealNetworks Inc. promoting technology that allows its song to work on any digital music player including the iPod in the U.S. Use of the digital rights management software from Apple Computer Inc. and Microsoft Corp. in the Harmony technology; Competitors of...