The Heat is On
- HOW LONG CAN THE CASSETTE HOLD ON? Lueck, Larry // DV: Digital Video;Oct2007, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p56
The author looks at the role of video tapes in future high-definition video (HDV) camcorders. He stresses that improvements in tapes developed for other digital recording applications are expected to continue. He looks at a major effort underway to replace tape in all types of recording...
- Meet The PM Digital Family. Day, Rebecca // Popular Mechanics;Jun2005, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p72
This article focuses on the three-part Digital Family project started by the journal "Popular Mechanics." Every week, it seems, equipment makers announce advances in wireless networking, PC design, voice-recognition technology, digital video recording and more. The goal of the project is to see...
- HDV higher and higher. Fox, Christina // TVB Europe;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p70
Features high-definition video (HDV) used in the broadcasting industry in Europe. Performance; Product features; Launch of standard definition miniDV, XL2, by Canon Inc.
- Solid progress for cameras. Fox, David; Fox, Christina // TVB Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p20
Investigates the technological innovations made in camera technology. Consideration of the formats for High Definition (HD) and Digital Video (DV); Focus on Sony's DVD camcorders based on the Blu-ray Professional Disc format; Electronic features; Ability of the unit to withstand extreme...
- Video servers crossing the bridge to tomorrow. Freed, Ken // Broadcast Engineering;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p78
Describes the continuous development of digital video server technologies from television to radio to the Internet. Architectural requirements; Issue on the amount of on-line storage and the amount of near-on-line cache storage; Concern on server reliability.
- ISDN bridges voice, data worlds. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;10/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p26
Talks about digital voice information and video information in relation to telecommunications. Information on the Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM); Information on the Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN); Comments from Dave Curley, vice president of worldwide marketing at Mitel Corporation...
- TDK says DVD-RAM media on track. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the future of the digital versatile disc-random access memory (DVD-RAM). Information on DVD-RAM; Reference to a briefing held by TDK in New York City, New York on September 17, 1996; Information on the technology.
- To DVD or not DVD? That is the question consumers to answer. Goldsberry, Clare // Plastics News;7/29/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p10
Comments on the new Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) format for viewing full-length feature movies on a disc the size of a music CD. Reluctance of manufacturers to produce DVDs at the expense of CD production; Resin producers' development of material suitable for molding the thin and highly...
- Get set for the super disc. Normile, Dennis // Popular Science;Feb96, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p54
Reports on the digital videodisc (DVD). Features of the DVD; Who are the designers of the digital videodisc; Benefits of the digital videodisc; What new DVD systems used; Factors that affect the number of pits that can be placed on a disc; Increased data capacity of DVD. INSET: The CD-ROM...