A Temporary Truce in a Storage War
- SyQuest settles with Iomega, Nomai. // Macworld;Oct94, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p37
Reports on the settlement of a dispute regarding Iomega's marketing of SyQuest cartridges made by Nomai.
- SyQuest, Iomega settle patent dispute. // Electronic News;6/20/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2019, p26
Reports on the settlement of SyQuest Technology Inc.'s litigations with Iomega Corp. and Nomai SA. SyQuest's agreed royalty payments from Iomega and Nomai in exchange for a license of intellectual property rights relating to SyQuest's 44MB and 88MB cartridges; Exclusion of 200MB cartridges and...
- SyQuest shuts down. // Electronic News;11/09/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2244, p6
Reports on SyQuest Technology Inc.'s suspension of operations in the face of continuing losses in the memory storage devices market. Plans of the company to file for bankruptcy protection; Financial performance of the company in the third quarter of 1998.
- Syquest to launch gigabyte cartridge. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;2/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p31
Reports on Syquest's launch of a product to compete with Iomega's gigabyte-capacity Jaz drive. Development of cartridge named SyJet; Plan by Apple Australia to bundle EZ135 cartridge drive in Power Mac models.
- Iomega to acquire most of Syquest assets. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;01/25/99, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p34
Reports on Iomega Corp.'s agreement to purchase certain assets of Syquest Technology Incorporated. Price of the acquisition deal; Terms of the agreement; Syquest's resumption of limited sales and support operations.
- Removable-drive wars flare. Lu, Cary // Macworld;Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p39
Reports on the competition between SyQuest Technology and Iomega over removable-media drives. Losses incurred by SyQuest in launching its EZ135; Iomega's distribution of the Mac version of its 1GB Jaz cartridge drive; Decline in the stock performance of SyQuest.
- SyQuest enters retail; Iomega debuts software. Francis, Bob // InfoWorld;5/9/94, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p36
Reports on SyQuest Technology Inc.'s computer software called SQ3105 drive and Iomega Corp.'s computer softwares called Iomega Backup, Iomega Backup Plus and Iomega Backup for OS/2. Features; Functions; Prices.
- Disk format clash. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;6/10/95, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the market competition between Iomega's Zip drive and Syquest's EZ135 drive. Features of the computer drives; Market prices.
- Iomega, SyQuest pushing out portable drives. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;11/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p31
Notes that Iomega Corp. and SyQuest Technology Inc. have each introduced several new removable hard-drive models. The Iomega Zip Plus and Clik drives; The SyQuest SparQ; Storage capacity of each; Pricing and availability; Contact information.