- Portable MP3 Music, Canon Peripherals, and More. SPIWAK, MARC // Popular Electronics;May99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Presents update on several multimedia computer products. Evaluation on MP3 audio; Information on Canon peripherals; Features of Lucas Arts' Grim Fandango computer software.
- Hardware. // EMedia Professional;May98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p17
Presents multimedia hardware from different manufacturers. Includes Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc.'s Diamond DVD Kit; Panasonic DVD-L10; Verbatim Corp.'s CD-RW storage solution; JVC Professional Computer Products' MC-Printer Model 200.
- AITech develops multimedia accelerator board. // Information Today;Dec1996, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p33
Highlights the VSPro V64 Multimedia Graphics Accelerator Card by AITech International company. Capabilities of the product; Details on the card's components; Contact information.
- Single-bit output ports use unused address space. Labrosse, Jean J. // Electronic Design;10/3/94, Vol. 42 Issue 20, Engineering Software p36ES
Features a write-only device, 74HC259, used in applications requiring only single-bit output. Eight-bit addressable latch; Availability of EPROM address space for write-only devices; Control of devices the functions on a simple ON and OFF command; Illustration on how to use EPROM address space...
- Processing digital color images: From capture to display. Allenbach, Jan P. // Physics Today;Dec92, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p32
Examines the processes involved in electronic imaging systems and explains how to get devices in such systems to communicate in a manner that preserves color fidelity and is transparent to the user. Digital color providing a common language with which devices that `see' colors differently may...
- From photons to bits. Khosla, Rajinder P. // Physics Today;Dec92, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p42
Discusses the role of integrated circuitry, particularly charge-coupled devices, in the burgeoning technology of digital imaging. Image capturing and processing techniques in traditional photography, analog electronic imaging, and digital imaging; Solid-state devices; Conversion degradation;...
- Color in electronic displays. Tannas Jr., Lawrence E. // Physics Today;Dec92, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p52
Discusses how an electronic display uses many small, discrete, spatially independent building blocks called pixels to create an image and how this is done in two important examples of electronic displays, shadow-mask cathode-ray tubes and matrix-addressed flat-panel displays. Electronic...
- Taking the mice by force. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Jun93, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p49
States that in yet another attempt to reinvent the mouse, a patented technology called the force-sensing resistor is bringing a tactile dimension to computer input devices. Details on the force-sensing resistor, or FSR; Development by Interlink Electronics; DuraPoint and PortaPoint pointing...
- Super-VGA monitors. Berst, J.; Dunn, S. // PC World;Mar92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p178
Lists 98 multisync monitors and discusses buying issues. Size considerations; Screen shape; Resolution; Description of interlacing; Dot pitch; Refresh rates and flicker; Controls; Radiation levels; Service and support. INSET: A pivotal new product, by J. Berst.;Fighting the flicker factor..