Compaq Customers Can Customize Systems with New Storage Options
- Compaq set to roll out servers. DeVoe, Deborah // InfoWorld;2/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p33
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s planned release in the second week of February 1996 of a slew of server and storage products such as the 166-MHz Pentium ProLiant servers, the Pentium ProSignia uniprocessor systems, and the DLT Tape Array. Prices; Product features; Contact information.
- Compaq updates line of network storage. Vance, Ashlee // Network World;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p22
Presents the networked storage products from Compaq. Capability of the Storage Works SAN Switch 2/16 to transfer data up to 2G bit; Launching of the AIT 100G-byte Tape Drive for data achieving; Availability of the MSL5052SL Tape Library as the latest tape storage product.
- Compaq's immediate future lies in storage systems. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;6/7/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p32
Reports that Compaq Computer Corp. has announced that it will push computer storage systems to all business segments in the next two years. Reason behind the company's move; Overview on the rise in demand for storage systems; Predicted growth in the computer storage device industry by 2003.
- Compaq goes virtual. Dimeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/9/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p60
Reports on the launching of the Storageworks virtual array system by Compaq Computer Corp. Use of the redundant array of independent discs (RAID) storage system for the technology.
- EMC in heated race against the SANs of time. Mendel, Brett // InfoWorld;05/03/99, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p35
Reports on the focus of EMC on storage area networks (SAN). Reason for the increased demand for storage capacity and management; Items that offer managers a way to simultaneously separate storage from processing functions on the network and improve performance; Information on the...
- Compaq coordinates SAN strategy with partners. Pendery, David // InfoWorld;12/14/98, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p28
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s plan to broaden the scope of its storage area network (SAN) strategy. Partnership with companies that specialize in various storage products; Plans for the Compaq Enterprise Network Storage Architecture.
- StorageWay, Compaq to offer storage services. Connor, Deni // Network World;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the data storage services to be launched by United States-based StorageWay and Compaq as of June 19, 2000. Features of the storage products and services; Company background.
- Compaq's storage vision: On-demand access. Whelan, Carolyn // Electronic News;10/05/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2239, p42
Reports that the merged companies Compaq Computer Corp. and Digital Equipment Corp., along with various standard bodies, are looking at an infrastructure that provides storage as a utility service. Value of computer servers related to storage; Compaq's technology transition plan; Fiber and...
- Enterprise storage solutions duke it out. Pendery, David // InfoWorld;07/06/98, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p20
Reports on the release of enterprise storage solutions by Dell Computer Corp. and Compaq Computer Corp. Dell's introduction of its Fibre Channel PowerVault storage line which is based on Data General's Clariion Fibre Channel; Compaq's plan to release a fully Fibre-Channel-compatible from the...