To Infinity and Beyond! Smart and Friendly's Overdue Promise of 8X CD-Recordable Finally Launches
- Smart and Friendly Slashes CD-RW Media Prices Up to 42%. // CD Computing News;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the decision of Smart and Friendly Inc. to reduce the prices of its compact-disc (CD)-RW media line. Reason for the price reduction; Details on the CD-RW products released by Smart.
- Smart and Friendly makes CD-R media cheap. // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p24
Looks at the price of Smart and Friendly Inc.'s compact disc-recordable (CD-R) media. Descriptions and features of CD-R; Shipment of Smart's CD-R.
- Smart and Friendly's CD Rocket Mach 12. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the CD Rocket Mach 12 compact disc recorder of Smart and Friendly. Features of the recorder; Details on its system requirements.
- Smart and Friendly's 20X CD deck: An economical alternative. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p87
Announces that Smart and Friendly has added multiple-disc writing capability to its well-regarded line of compact disc-Recordable products. Capability of its 20X CD Deck; Its features; 20X CD Deck shortcomings.
- It's not the pits. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p202
Comments on the development of technology facilitating reusable compact discs (CD)s. Features of recordable CDs; Physical description of CDs; Details on CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) technology; Problems associated with CD-Rewritable discs; When the technology is expected to be released for...
- Reading, writing, and CD-R. Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p11
Provides information about compact disk recordable (CD-R). Most significant difference between compact disk-read only memory (CD-ROM) and (CD-R); Principle behind the digital reading of a CD-ROM disk; Mechanism of the CD-R drive and disk.
- CD-R recording. Alexander, George A.; Chiarelli, Beverly // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/10/95 Special Issue Report, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p36
Features current developments in compact disc recording. Deltis recorder from Olympus; Diskovery 650 recording drive from Optima Technology; CDR-100 from Yamaha; Specifications; Prices.
- Consortium to announce CD-RW agreement. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p22
Reports that a consortium of media and disc drive manufacturers will jointly announce an agreement to produce CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) drives and media that will begin shipping in early 1997. Pricing scheme; Barriers to corporate acceptance.
- The gold standard. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p69
Looks at the increased interest in compact disc-recordable (CD-R) format. Reasons for increased interest; Standards; Hardware; Software; Longevity of CD-R media.