What Lazy Days of Summer? CD-RW Saturation Continues with Four New Contenders
- media, mastering, replicating & packaging. // EMedia Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p18
Introduces the 12X CD-R, a line of rewritable compact discs from the Consumer Products Division of Yamaha Corp. of America. Features of the compact discs; Price of the products.
- Yamaha Introduces New High-Speed 16x CD-R Media. // Information Today;Jan2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p38
Reports on the release of 16x professional-grade media by Yamaha Corp. of America. How the media is designed to complement Yamaha's CRW2100 Light Speed Series 16x10x40x compact disc (CD)-ReWritable (RW) recorders and CD-R/RW recording media; Applications for Yamaha's CD-R discs, including...
- It's not the pits. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p202
Comments on the development of technology facilitating reusable compact discs (CD)s. Features of recordable CDs; Physical description of CDs; Details on CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) technology; Problems associated with CD-Rewritable discs; When the technology is expected to be released for...
- Reading, writing, and CD-R. Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p11
Provides information about compact disk recordable (CD-R). Most significant difference between compact disk-read only memory (CD-ROM) and (CD-R); Principle behind the digital reading of a CD-ROM disk; Mechanism of the CD-R drive and disk.
- CD-R recording. Alexander, George A.; Chiarelli, Beverly // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/10/95 Special Issue Report, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p36
Features current developments in compact disc recording. Deltis recorder from Olympus; Diskovery 650 recording drive from Optima Technology; CDR-100 from Yamaha; Specifications; Prices.
- Consortium to announce CD-RW agreement. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p22
Reports that a consortium of media and disc drive manufacturers will jointly announce an agreement to produce CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) drives and media that will begin shipping in early 1997. Pricing scheme; Barriers to corporate acceptance.
- The gold standard. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p69
Looks at the increased interest in compact disc-recordable (CD-R) format. Reasons for increased interest; Standards; Hardware; Software; Longevity of CD-R media.
- Flopping discs. Kobel, Peter // Entertainment Weekly;10/11/96, Issue 348, p42
Discusses enhanced compact discs (ECD) which play music on regular audio CD players as well as on CD-ROM drives. The features of ECDs being played on computers; The compatibility problems with CD-ROM drives; The reluctance of consumers to buy ECDs; What the companies are doing to encourage...
- Ricoh, MTC America introduce CD-R media products. // EMedia Professional;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on Ricoh Electronics company and MTC America's compact disc-recordable (CD-R) media products. Availability of phthalocyanine CD-R media from Ricoh Electronics; MTC America's Mitsui Gold CD-R media with barcode.