How to Make DVD Happen: Shut Up and Listen
- Working with fiber. Cerny, Richard // Broadcast Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p90
Suggests that broadcasting companies should switch to fiber optic technology from copper wire link system. Advantages of switching to fiber optic technology; Use of fiber optic technology in television industry; Use of copper cables in digital video systems; Capacity of fiber optics; Three...
- Digital imaging. // Fortune;Winter98 Special Issue Buying Guide, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p132
Discusses advances in the digital camera market, as of January 1, 1998. Digital cameras marking the biggest technological change in photography in a century; Comparison of digital cameras with optical cameras; Digital camera video-out port; Image quality; Comparing digital cameras; Resolution...
- Backup tapes are good news for video pirates. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;06/14/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2086, p23
Reports on Philips' launching of the Digamax system, a high density version digital video tape that can backup many times as much data. Features of the Digamax drives; Product use.
- Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. Ozer, Jan // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Evaluates MediaStudio Pro 7, a digital video device from Ulead. Capture and editing capabilities; Real-time preview feature of the device; Price of MediaStudio Pro 7.
- New Boxx. Linker, Lydia // DV: Digital Video;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
This article reports on the shipment of SDBoxx Pro editing system by Boxx Technologies. The SDBoxx Pro offers uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 SD, support for NTSC and PAL input, and six channels of AES/EBU audio.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE. Aronow, Kristie // Gulfshore Business;Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p11
The article offers information on the Digital Video Memo and the Printbrush printer from PrintDreams.
- BEYOND THE BOX. Brown, Peter J. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/21/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 22, p30
Highlights advances in the development of video servers. Consideration of video servers as essential items for television stations migrating to digital multimedia realm; Impact of industry-wide slowdown in capital spending; Introduction of alternative distribution modalities for streamlining...
- The long goodbye. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;07/10/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2194, p11
Focuses on the use of digital versions of 'Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace,' and how this might be the beginning of the end for celluloid film. Digital Light Processing projectors as developed by Texas Instruments; Function of the projectors and their competitors; Digital video nearly as...
- Stumbling Forward into the Connected Future. Miller, Jim // IEEE Internet Computing;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p82
This article discusses the expansion of the Internet and the technological innovation behind various products and services that are available for the home. The article discusses products and services such as the DirecTV HD digital video recorder, the Panasonic plasma HD television, the TomTom...