ABB & applying paint
- First waterborne soft-feel coating approved for cars. // Plastics Technology;May96, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p11
Reports on Red Spot Paint & Varnish Co.'s development of a waterborne soft-feel paint for automobiles.
- Color me red. // Automotive Industries;Oct94, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p14
Reports on ABB Paint Finishing Inc.'s efforts to reduce the amount of paint used in automobile production. Percentage of car paint which are wasted annually; Use of modular design to reduce wastage; Benefits of the firm's `Rigid mod' paint oven.
- Handing Over Paint Shop Operations to Suppliers. Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;Apr2002, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the involvement of automobile paintings and coatings suppliers in the management of automobile paint shops. Reasons why paint suppliers extend their services to management functions; Benefits of the involvement of the suppliers in management; Information on the pioneers in the...
- New-wave waterborne offers soft feel finish. Schuch, Linda K. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Mar97, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on Lescoa Inc.'s use of the waterborne paint from Red Spot Paint & Varnish Co. for the painting of its automotive products. Testing of a number of different solventborne coatings; Volatile organic compounds' level in waterborne polyurethane coating; Benefits of the waterborne paint to...
- MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE. Torrens, Glenn // Street Machine;Dec2006, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p24
The article presents an interview with Jon Kosmoski, the founder of House of Kolor. He working as a mechanic at a power company but realized that he wanted to do paint jobs. He started working on his friends' motorcycles and helmets in his mother's basement until he was thrown out. He then...
- GM to invest $600M in KS Paint Shop. // Paintindia;Feb2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p156
This article reports on the plan of vehicle manufacturer General Motors to invest in brand-new paint shop in the Fairfax Assembly and Stamping Plant in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Automotive Slowdown Dulls First-Quarter Results. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p35
Reports on the financial condition of the U.S. automotive paint makers as of May 2002. Estimated amount of paint sales; Prices of automotive paints; Revenue generated by DuPont, Akzo Nobel and other paint manufacturers.
- Finishmaster completes acquisition. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p15A
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based automotive paint company Finishmaster Inc. has completed its acquisition of Badger Paint Plus Inc.
- BASF gets Pierre Potier Award for innovative paint application process. // Paintindia;Nov2013, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p165
The article announces that BASF received the Pierre Potier prize 2013 for the Innovative Processes category for its automotive paint application process, Integrated Process II (IP II).
- ISSPA Maharashtra Chairman briefs CM on Industry Problems. // Paintindia;Nov2013, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p166
The article reports that the Indian Small Scale Paint Association's (ISSPA) Paint and Varnish Enamel Cluster group joined in the 2013 auto ancillary exhibition at Pune, India, with the event inaugurated by Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan.